Back after a few years!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highrailer

Reaction score
Sold my 03 a few years ago and I'm back with a new 09 A model. Love it! Already ordered sliders and GenMar risers. May have to do the throttle spring fix. Still seems a little stiff. We'll see. Bought it from D&H . Everything I've heard about them is true. They really know their stuff. $12650 OTD tax and all. And they're only 40 miles away!

DSC_0002aa.jpg

Welcome back! You have been reassimilated you should have known it was futile to resist. :ph34r:

Not to knock anything but did you try and look for an 08?

Some chrome bling and paint for $750.00 isn't much of an upgrade.

Welcome back! You have been reassimilated you should have known it was futile to resist. :ph34r:

The black wheels and tank trim is what made me pull the trigger on the 09. Does the 09 have more chrome on it than the 08?

The black wheels and tank trim is what made me pull the trigger on the 09. Does the 09 have more chrome on it than the 08?
From what i understand the side logo on the fairing is now chrome rather than a sticker.

Me i am going to pull the trigger again when the Red ones come out.

From what i understand the side logo on the fairing is now chrome rather than a sticker.

Me i am going to pull the trigger again when the Red ones come out.
Would love to have a red one myself. Had a red Bandit 1250 for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new ride. It looks great but it has to because it is an FJR. I envy you guys who are close enough to deal with D & H. I bought my Y.E.S through them and it was a very good experience. You only paid $150 more than I did for my 07 which I bought in Dec 07. I would say you did well. Ride safe and enjoy.

I just put the Gen Mars on my '09 highrailer...they are a great buy and seem to be just right for me...pretty easy install...after reading the instructions online before even getting the risers I was wondering why I would have to take the triple clamp off...I soon found out that the studs that come up through the big outboard hole are a part of the cable keepers and you need to pull all that out...you replace the existing stud with a large bolt supplied with the risers...I did have to go out and purchase a 36mm socket, but that was money well spent...I LOVE THIS BIKE : ) and it feels good to be back on an FJR...what a great price highrailer...I just paid $13,100.000 plus tax and license here in California. I also just put the Kisan tailblazer plug ins on...I love having the brake lights flash to back the cars off...and I put the Kisan pathblazers on also...I have used headlight modulators before and feel much safer using them to attract attention, especially approaching intersections. Have fun highrailer!

I just put the Gen Mars on my '09 highrailer...they are a great buy and seem to be just right for me...pretty easy install...after reading the instructions online before even getting the risers I was wondering why I would have to take the triple clamp off...I soon found out that the studs that come up through the big outboard hole are a part of the cable keepers and you need to pull all that out...you replace the existing stud with a large bolt supplied with the risers...I did have to go out and purchase a 36mm socket, but that was money well spent...I LOVE THIS BIKE : ) and it feels good to be back on an FJR...what a great price highrailer...I just paid $13,100.000 plus tax and license here in California. I also just put the Kisan tailblazer plug ins on...I love having the brake lights flash to back the cars off...and I put the Kisan pathblazers on also...I have used headlight modulators before and feel much safer using them to attract attention, especially approaching intersections. Have fun highrailer!

So are you saying you can just pull the cable keepers off from underneath the clamp once the handlebars are off?? Or do I still need to remove the clamp? If so, Ill need to purchase the 36mm soket also. Thanks.

You do have to remove the triple clamp...the studs that go up through the handle bars are an integral part of the cable keeper...and those studs would not be long enough to get through the risers and bars, so you need to replace the studs with a long bolt that comes with the risers...definitely use a 36 mm socket and torque bar to torque everything back together...my triple clamp came off and went back on very easily...have fun...its all worth..its such a better riding position...Jim