Back lighting, need a different color

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobG

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a problem focusing on the red, orange back light of the speedo and tachometer at night?

I can see the liquid crystal display right next to them just fine.

I know what the problem is, the wave length of the red color.

Is there any source to change the back light, or gauge face to a black, white combo?

Bob

Does anyone here have a problem focusing on the red, orange back light of the speedo and tachometer at night?
I can see the liquid crystal display right next to them just fine.

I know what the problem is, the wave length of the red color.

Is there any source to change the back light, or gauge face to a black, white combo?

Bob
This is what you have when taken out of the case.

IMG_4477Large.jpg

Here is a front shot. To switch out those bulbs you would have to remove the screws circled in green. I tried to, and could not succeed. I don't know what they used to torque those things, but it was a bitch.

IMG_4479Large.jpg

Those bulbs look like they are just soldered on at two points and held in place by the actual solder points.

Underneath the tach and speedo is likely similar bulbs, it probably can be done, but I think accessability is the hardest part.

Here's a side view of the case too. Can't get in that way...

IMG_4480Large.jpg

EDIT: Looking at the above picture, I noticed that bulb right there. Went and plugged the meter in, and that's what lights up the tach. There is another one you would still have to get to on the other side of the tach, but they were white light, not red.

Then I also noticed, you have an 06, and the meter is totally different. Sorry.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Try www.bluegauges.com

They have colors other than blue too.

Looking at their site, they don't appear to have the FJR pre-made. But, when they were first starting, they had a turn around time of a week.

Last edited by a moderator: