Back Seat Luggage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I either put my valuables in a hard lockable bag or take them with me. I also keep a bicycle cable lock with me to lock my gear to the bike if it is too warm to wear it while walking around. The stuff on the back seat is normally strapped down pretty good and would take more work to get at than it's worth, so I just risk it. And I try to park in a high traffic area near an entrance or something. Never had anything taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tank bag - valuables. removed during lunch stops, fuel stops (if I have to leave the bike to pre-pay), rest stops. If I stop for more than a few hours (overnights, touristy stuff) everything I can't lose goes into something lockable and I put the cover on the bike. I haven't locked my jacket/helmet/pants to the bike yet. I guess I've only stayed at one hotel where I've put the lock on the front tire come to think of it. I have a cable and lock if I want to string through the rear tire, but I haven't had that issue either.

I have strapped bags to the back seat and haven't lost anything yet. I would agree that if you put a visible lock on it crooks might see that as more valuable. If I lose the bag with my clothes, I'll find a cheap retailer and replace.

Before I discovered the power of crossing the bungies under the seat.

P1030337.JPG

or

p1020031.jpg

Either way, using common sense when you park typically deters all but the most industrious crook :)

I bought a small Tour Master Duffel, several years ago, that has built in Bungee cords in the bottom of it. I love the thing. Fairly easy to attach and take off. Been good to me on quite a few trips.

My Buell had a place under the fender for the bungies to attach. How do you attach the bungies to the FJR?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a small Tour Master Duffel, several years ago, that has built in Bungee cords in the bottom of it. I love the thing. Fairly easy to attach and take off. Been good to me on quite a few trips.

My Buell had a place under the fender for the bungies to attach. How do you attach the bungies to the FJR?
Passenger footpeg hangers and grab rails works well

Chris