Bag Guards- MC Ent. 1200-310

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of installed MC Enterprises 1200-310 guards. They do look nice on the bike and are simple enough to install (man, that bracket bolt is on there tight). They do invade on the passenger footpeg space, however. I wish they could have curved the guard a bit closer to the bag, in order to maximize passenger footpeg space. I understand why they did it this way. If the guard were any closer to the bag, the lid wouldn't clear the guard when the bag is opened. I'd imagine that they also wanted the mount to go directly against the footpeg bracket, but perhaps they could have curved the guard tubing to give a bit more passenger footpeg space. Even though I seldom carry a passenger, it would be nice to have that option.

Can someone take a pic of the T-Rex guard from a similar angle and post it here?

MC1.jpg

I will try to do so today. . Besides the looks of the t-rex, I had hoped that t-rex would help me avoid buying peg lowering brackets for the wife. I am very pleased with the product, packaging, and appearance, but I think between MCL and the new T-rex version, they're pretty much the same when it comes to passenger ergo.

I will try to do so today. . Besides the looks of the t-rex, I had hoped that t-rex would help me avoid buying peg lowering brackets for the wife. I am very pleased with the product, packaging, and appearance, but I think between MCL and the new T-rex version, they're pretty much the same when it comes to passenger ergo.
Thanks for the pics. I do like the aluminum piece on the T-Rex. Looks nice. I also like the fact that they have 3 mounting points. Probably makes them stronger. For passenger comfort, the peg lowering brackets and/or floorboards will probably be required. I'd still like to see pictures of the floorboards and how well they fold up out of the way....anyone?

I have just ordered some of these from T-Rex via Amazon. They don't ship to the UK from Amazon and they are not available on the T-Rex website yet. So this is where Bongo International are invaluable.
trex2.jpg

I, probably incorrectly, thought these were the older version (even on the version I bought, the descriptions had not been updated, with confusing references to the polyurethane puck of your model still present though there's no poly-anything on the N69-13LG part). I like the looks of mine, but the one you selected is clearly more passenger friendly. Looks like a good heel rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question, does anyone know if the Bike Design Bungs will fit a 2014 model. I emailed them and they are not sure.
If you still need to know I can make a drawing of the mounting plate on mine and you can compare to the mounting locations on the '14