Bagster help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
I have the Bagster and i noticed that there is a tie-down on each side of the bag... What goes there and where does it go? :unsure:

Tank cover? Ya be a-fixin' the straps to the allen bolt that be holdin' in the black side panel directly below the tank and strap buckle. Ye be needin' to lance a hole in the strap fer the bolt, too. Arrr.

Tank Bag? Dem thar D rings aft the side pockets be fer a fancy shoulder belt for the all important 'wench with pocketbook' look. Yer should be havin' that whence yer got yer bag. Arrr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pirate!

I will check into strapping it to the black plastic pieces... Do you have any pics??

The heated metal probe works really well for good holes in nylon. If you find something with a slight taper, you can increase the diameter as needed by pushing the peice further and further into the strap.

Don't know when you guys got yours but mine already had the hole in it.

If this is the one Smitty sold him it has already been on a bike.

He probably has it figured out by now but just remove the allen from the black plastic around the tank and put the allen through the strap and then the strap connects to the tank cover. It already has a crease where I had it strapped so it will probably work good for you in that location.

Rear straps go around the swivel bolt for the tank under the seat.

Front strap goes around the neck of the frame.