Bagster Tank Cover and '08 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcjlmd

Reaction score
I am having a hard time figuring out how to secure the sides of the Bagster cover to my '08. Twowheelnut was kind enough to send pictures of his on his '05, but I think the frame cover and bolts are different on my '08. Has anyone fitted a Bagster to their '08 that could step me through it?

I have it secured in the front and back, but I have left it "hanging" on the sides. It does not look good or fitted.

Thanks.

Marc

What holds the silver panel on below the tank? Are they rubber grommets (snap in)? Kinda like a Wonder Bra: No visible means of support! :lol: I'll go check the fiche... Back in a moment...

Yep, there is a rubber grommet fitting toward the front of the silver panel below the tank. Pop that cover off and you'll see the nipple inside the plastic panel. Looks like that is your best bet for attaching the webbing.

You may want to ping an '08 owner if you're not sure how to pop that panel off. Ahem, Duff? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What holds the silver panel on below the tank? Are they rubber grommets (snap in)? Kinda like a Wonder Bra: No visible means of support! :lol: I'll go check the fiche... Back in a moment...
Yep, there is a rubber grommet fitting toward the front of the silver panel below the tank. Pop that cover off and you'll see the nipple inside the plastic panel. Looks like that is your best bet for attaching the webbing.

You may want to ping an '08 owner if you're not sure how to pop that panel off. Ahem, Duff? ;)
Funny, I had it off for the first time tonight! There are two screws in the rear with the standard 8mm hex, two plastic fastners with the phillips head to release and then the two "press-fit" in that panel.

Remove the two screw and the two plastic fasteners. Now, carefully, squeeze your fingers in the crack between the tank and the plastic toward the front. You will be able to tell where the press-fit fasteners are when you squeeze in there.

Now, carefully pry the front of the panel away from the tank. I know it is unnerving, but it will give. When you get it to release, do the other side.

There are two more "fasteners" toward the rear that the silver piece slides into. You will understand when you see it. Just slide the silver plastic to the rear and it will release. Yamaha felt the need to secure that panel in 8 places!

Sorry, no pictures.

Thanks to both of you. Twowheel....once I get this cover off, ya think I should just position or tuck-in the excess webbing from the Bagster, or do I need to puncture the webbing and have it held in place with the bolt?

Thanks to both of you. Twowheel....once I get this cover off, ya think I should just position or tuck-in the excess webbing from the Bagster, or do I need to puncture the webbing and have it held in place with the bolt?

Only one end of strap needs to be punctured. The other, if long enough, can be tucked in. Mine use to do that, but the dealer lost the originals at the 26k valve check. "Oh, is that what those were for?" <_<