Bakup backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolman18

Reaction score
I did a search and found one discussion but it was a couple of years ago and no one had used one. So has anyone used a bakup backrest on your FJ?

You mean the FJR? This forum isn't about FJs...those were air cooled bikes made from '86 to '96. We're riding the FJR.

Last time I checked, "backup" has a "c" in it. You might try searching on that. But, then I don't know what a "backup backrest" is either. :huh:

Or maybe a backrest by Garauld?

Made me look. It is an adjustable driver's back rest. Spelled bakup. Price is not listed on the web site and the web site says: PRICE INCREASE COMING IN 2007. The entire site shows no activity after 2006.

The picture is a clickable link

I did a Forum search and found it mentioned ~12 times. Someone bought one off of eBay and was selling it for $250 because they never installed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made me look. It is an adjustable driver's back rest. Spelled bakup. Price is not listed on the web site and the web site says: PRICE INCREASE COMING IN 2007. The entire site shows no activity after 2006.

I did a Forum search and found it mentioned ~12 times. Someone bought one off of eBay and was selling it for $250 because they never installed it.

What website were you looking at? This one lists a model for FJR 2007-10 for $415!

https://www.backupbackrest.com/

Ross

Edit: They seem to have a pretty good presence on ebay as well. One listing for Gen I and none for Gen II. LOTS for other Yamahas as well as other bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I considered one of these a while back, but in addition to the outrageous price, there's no decent information about how exactly they install on the F-junior

I considered one of these a while back, but in addition to the outrageous price, there's no decent information about how exactly they install on the F-junior

Found a cheap one on eBay and made it fit.

7cb7c639.jpg

51a71d93.jpg

e7990e24.jpg

cb99f646.jpg

You mean the FJR? This forum isn't about FJs...those were air cooled bikes made from '86 to '96. We're riding the FJR.

Last time I checked, "backup" has a "c" in it. You might try searching on that. But, then I don't know what a "backup backrest" is either. :huh:

Or maybe a backrest by Garauld?
Yes I mean FJR missed the R with my fat fingers and no it doesn't have a "c" and thanks for your condesending attitude!

Thanks, I have a friend who has a bike shop and I can get one for $217.00 his cost. He has one on his Beamer and loves it, I just wondered if any of you guys had tried it. All the ones I have seen, mount in existing bracket holes so no modifications needed, not like the Utopia backrest. But haven't seen any on an FJR.

Yes I mean FJR missed the R with my fat fingers and no it doesn't have a "c" and thanks for your condesending attitude!
I did learn something about a backrest I had no clue about. Thanks. :)

To pile on though....there is an extra "c" in condescending. ;)

I did learn something about a backrest I had no clue about. Thanks. :)

To pile on though....there is an extra "c" in condescending. ;)
lol...I had to give you something :rolleyes:
Besides in Kentucky we are only allowed one "c" per word, they are in short supply around here :)