Bar risers or no?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If not, do you have to change your posture?

• Yes

Votes: 51 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 37 42.0%

• Total voters
Now that we have learned the joys of spending money and the rewards to be reaped, let's spend more! Now you can buy a nice tank bag with a map window so you have a place to put those handwritten or typed turn by turn directions. Since you went with the MV Motoradd and moved the bars back a good bit you will need a small to medium tank bag, I will recommend something in the 12 to 15 liter size. Anything bigger and the bars will hit when you are turning at parking lot speed because of the bar risers.

Also try a nice new motorcycle specific GPS, you will find that goes nicely where you currently have that iPhone.

Remember, it is only money. It is no good until you spend it.

Got a Nuvi 660. It's waiting in its box for me to install the super-duper dashboard shelf (https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/160984-fjr-gen-3-dashshelf-for-sale/) that arrived two weeks ago. Will post photos, I promise, cateye77.

Once that's installed, the dealer's going to install the GPS wiring harness and a power extension for the iPhone/iPod -- the dealer's doing it because I am not going to try and disassemble the fairing again.

That sucker was designed by an engineering committee that never once communicated after the project started: three or four different types of fasteners, each in two or three different sizes; overlapping and interweaving panels; hidden fasteners, fasteners that require special tools, fasteners that cannot be re-used, and fasteners in places you can only reach if you're a contortionist.

Besides, the shop guys at Mountain Motorsports in Marietta (shameless plug) love me! With 6,000 miles in 4 months, they're stoked that someone's actually riding one of their motorbikes.

05 model, RDL saddle and double risers. (2" extended hydraulic lines.)

5'7" - 32 inseam. This is almost perfect for me but tend to one arm ride and lean back a bit at times.

Maybe arm length needs to be added?
smile.png

I am 5' 11" with a 31" inseam and am perfectly content with the bike in stock form. However, I use to own a 2002 BMW K1200RS (more forward lean than a FJR), a 2010 VFR1200F (bars much more forward and

a lot lower than a FJR) and my current 2014 BMW S1000R (a moderately sporty, but comfortable reach to a wide one-piece bar) and when I switch to my FJR I feel like I am in the worlds most comfortable upright

riding position. My point being, that ones opinion of what is comfortable and what is painful is directly related to the kinds of motorcycles that he or she has ridden before.

5' 9" with 32" inseam and 32" sleeve.

Rode a stock seat Gen1 without risers, no issues during the 44K miles we put on it. On the Gen3, no problem with stock config. But the Russell seat changed the geometry and caused a wicked pain between the shoulder blades. Added some Genmar 1" risers about an hour ago. Initial test ride was promising, with the bars adjusted to the closest position. Got a 600-mile weekend planned, I'll know soon if I'm done.

Now, the Cee Bailey 21" in dark tint is calling my name. Doesn't it ever stop?