Barbarian Jumper Mod for 2004

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cogan farmer

Reaction score
I have followed the instructions for the 04 but it will not go into CO mode from DIAG Mode. I have tried both the plain wire jumper and the resistor in the 25 to 29 slots. Still no go. Any suggestions ?

The bike does run decent with the stock setting but I see quite a few posts that claim the engine will run a little cooler and smoother.

Thanks !!!

Cogan

I know that if the jumper wire is not making a good connection you'll have that problem.

Thanks Gramps and Joker that was it, my wire was just not quite long enough !!!

I am going to take it for a spin now to try it out.

Thanks !!!

Cogan

Ya I bumped them all up +7. Factory settings were 14 -3 1 9. I wet to 21 4 8 16. It definitely has more power, i did the wheelie test and just giving it a rev when in neutral it sounds pretty mean. I will run it like this for a while to really be certain that it has a positive effect.

I have done several searches but have not had success in finding other 2004 CO numbers (Factory or Modified). Does anyone have a link to older posts that discuss the CO settings for on 04 FJR ?

Thanks !!!

Cogan

Ya I bumped them all up +7. Factory settings were 14 -3 1 9. I wet to 21 4 8 16. It definitely has more power, i did the wheelie test and just giving it a rev when in neutral it sounds pretty mean. I will run it like this for a while to really be certain that it has a positive effect.

I have done several searches but have not had success in finding other 2004 CO numbers (Factory or Modified). Does anyone have a link to older posts that discuss the CO settings for on 04 FJR ?

Thanks !!!

Cogan
Not sure if this will help, but the original CO settings on my '05 were: #1cyl - 8, #2cyl - 13, #3cyl - 15. #4cyl - 14.

I have a PCIII installed & had it Dyno tuned awhile back so I went ahead & leveled out all my cylinders at 14.

Although not a huge improvement it does seem to run better.

I wonder what the effect of the increased CO has on fuel mileage. Anyone done a comparison?
Funny you mention fuel mileage.

Two weeks ago, upped all my CO #s to 20. Last two tank fills, all same commuting miles, I've gotten 40 more miles out of a tank than when all my #s were at 13.

Go figger!

I bumped my 07 up by +7. I've been averaging about 41 mpg before the change. I'll report back after I've put a few more tanks of fuel through.