Barbarian mod on my '05

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles Krase

Reaction score
It seems life I've been searching for a week now on the exact procedure on how to do the CO jumper mod for my '05. The original Barbarian mod shows exactly how to do an '03 and an '04 but mentions nothing of my year. :angry: I've also seen all the write-ups on the Gen II bikes. The '05 pin and wire layout at the ECU seems to be exactly the same as the '04 with the exeption of some changes in wire colors. Before I use the '04 method I would love if someone could put my mind at ease. Thanks for your help!

Miles, if you read the procedure on FJR Tech at the bottom of the page Ionbeam writes procedures are the same except use #25 to #29 for the jumper.

I did this on my 05, it's no big deal just take your time, the biggest thing is being careful when you are pulling the wires out of their slots. I used a paper clip to push the wires out as to not put pressure on the connectors as you get them out, you do not want to pull the wires loose from their connectors.

Also make sure everything is seated properly when you are finished so that everything locks back properly in the ECU.

Follow the instructions and take your time and you'll be happy

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems life I've been searching for a week now on the exact procedure on how to do the CO jumper mod for my '05. The original Barbarian mod shows exactly how to do an '03 and an '04 but mentions nothing of my year. :angry: I've also seen all the write-ups on the Gen II bikes. The '05 pin and wire layout at the ECU seems to be exactly the same as the '04 with the exeption of some changes in wire colors. Before I use the '04 method I would love if someone could put my mind at ease. Thanks for your help!
I had Webby help me with mine & we used the '04 method without any problems.

Miles, if you read the procedure on FJR Tech at the bottom of the page Ionbeam writes procedures are the same except use #25 to #29 for the jumper.I did this on my 05, it's no big deal just take your time, the biggest thing is being careful when you are pulling the wires out of their slots. I used a paper clip to push the wires out as to not put pressure on the connectors as you get them out, you do not want to pull the wires loose from their connectors.

Also make sure everything is seated properly when you are finished so that everything locks back properly in the ECU.

I re-read the procedure on FJRtech again and still don't see any '05 specific info. It looks like Ionbeam is refering to the '04 model year. Tell me I'm just blind! Haha

Miles, if you read the procedure on FJR Tech at the bottom of the page Ionbeam writes procedures are the same except use #25 to #29 for the jumper.I did this on my 05, it's no big deal just take your time, the biggest thing is being careful when you are pulling the wires out of their slots. I used a paper clip to push the wires out as to not put pressure on the connectors as you get them out, you do not want to pull the wires loose from their connectors.

I re-read the procedure on FJRtech again and still don't see any '05 specific info. It looks like Ionbeam is refering to the '04 model year. Tell me I'm just blind! Haha
You're not blind it doesn't mention 05. There is basically no difference between an 04 or 05 but the color.

So just act like you're color blind and use the FJR Tech procedure. I used it on my 05

what does this mod do for the bike
It enrichens the fuel mixture at low RPM and gives the bike more torque down low. Well worth the effort with no bad side effects. You WILL notice a difference. Mine will now loft the front wheel with just a roll on in low gear.

You're not blind it doesn't mention 05. There is basically no difference between an 04 or 05 but the color.

So just act like you're color blind and use the FJR Tech procedure. I used it on my 05
+1. Agreed. Ditto.