Battery cover fitting issue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austinx007

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me why the inner cover over the battery will not fit flush at the front? The steel retaining bracket that the front cover tab goes in will not allow a flush fit of the cover to the rest of the plastic. What the heck????? I had to stop, take a break, and I'm no rookie on this stuff. Please help!

Thanks

I'm not sure how an Other or Considering FJR is put together. If it were a Gen I there are tabs and slots on the mating edges of the two plastic panels that need to be properly aligned. The first time or two it may be aggravating trying to get the puzzle pieces to mesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
That i can do OK. Its the "flush" misfit at the front where it mates with the front inner cowling that is not flush. The retaining slotted nut for the plastic tab to go into on the panel itself does not fit flush. May it never did... I just bought this bike and put a new battery in it with batter tender. Doesnt look good. the fit and finish I mean

What ionbeam was trying to allude to in his first post is we have no idea which generation FJR you have since in your profile it says 'Other or considering FJR'. The two gens are totally different beasts.

Also, for me personally, I have no idea what you are trying to describe - "A photo is worth 1000 words".

Yeah, I need to do that. I just bought it yesterday and haven't updated my crap yet. Put a new battery and tender connector in.

I have a 2008 FJR 1300A. I'll take a pic in the light.

Thanks

Yeah, I need to do that. I just bought it yesterday and haven't updated my crap yet. Put a new battery and tender connector in.

I have a 2008 FJR 1300A. I'll take a pic in the light.

Thanks
I have an '07 and mine is flush. Fits fine. :)