Battery Location on 2009?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAM TOM

Reaction score
Wondering where the battery is on my 2009 F.J.R.? Took the seats off and no battery? Figure it must be behind one of the side covers Right or left side? Cant really tell by the picture in the owners manual. Also should you disconnect battery leads before attaching battery tender? THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as all of them. Underneath panel D in the upper right fairing; under the black plastic to the right of the steering head.

What Bounce said. And what were you going to attach the battery tender to? You need a plug or a pigtail of some kind, and that's got to attach to the battery. Can't do that without removing--or at least loosening--the battery terminal bolts can you? One at a time is fine.

I use a pigtail, by the way. It's got a connector that is compatible with the plug on the tender. It actually came with my Slime air pump, so it's good for both. If you have a cig lighter plug, that works too.

Thanks guys, Wow thats the last place I would have thought they would have mounted the battery. Glad I asked
Make some long leads and run the tender "plug" to under your seat, that way its nice and easy to hook up, just pop the seat and plug it in.

Mine just sticks outslightly from the opening in the plastic opening below and back slightly from the battery. The dealer put it there when i bought the bike new. If you didnt know the plug was there, you would never see it. Why have to take the seat off to plug in? seems like a lot of work. just my thoughts.

Cause it's christmas, I'm gonna give you a freebie. Check out the external links section on this forum. There is a wealth of info about things like this on the fjr1300.info site. Including the proper order to remove the dash panels. Good Luck.

I ran a fused wire to a powerlet on the left dash panel next to the heated grip knob...BT plugs in there with a powerlet plug.

I use a pigtail, by the way. It's got a connector that is compatible with the plug on the tender. It actually came with my Slime air pump, so it's good for both. If you have a cig lighter plug, that works too.

My Battery Tender JR. came with a pigtail with rings to mount to battery terminals as an extra item. I had forgotten about it until I started digging in boxes for material to make a pigtail and found it. Luckily, I had lableled it before it was tossed in a box or wouldn't even have realized it came with the Battery Tender.

OK, this is where Yamaha meant for you to run the pigtail. There is an opening on the right side of the gas tank just below the "D" panel. The plug in end of the pigtail lays in there just like it was made for it. I put it there on one FJR and the dealer put it there on the other FJR.