• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Battery Minder 50% off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked one up too...been thinking about getting one for a while, at that price might as well... thanks for the link.

I have been using Deltran battery tenders for years and believe they extend the life of a battery. Any thoughts on what difference there is between Deltran and BatteryMINDer? Price wise, I bought my last Deltran on Amazon for $24.99. Today they are on Amazon for $23.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using Deltran battery tenders for years and believe they extend the life of a battery. Any thoughts on what difference there is between Deltran and BatteryMINDer? Price wise, I bought my last Deltran on Amazon for $24.99. Today they are on Amazon for $23.99.
I have/had several types of "tenders".

1 - Deltran Battery Tender Jrs

2 - Deltran Battery Tender Plus

1 - Deltran Battery Tender Plus GEL

1 - Black & Decker BM3B

1 - BatteryMINDer(used for a couple of years and given away but still in use)

3 - Npower 2.5w solar maintainers

1 - Npower 7w solar maintainer

The Npower solar maintainers are in use on vehicles or toys that it's not possible to store them in a area with power. They have worked well for the past 3 years with out any issues. The 7w is on my truck in the driveway and sits in the cab in none-direct sunlight, previously unless the radio was unplugged it would drain a battery in about a week and a half. Now it can sit for weeks on end, no disconnecting the radio and no extension cord laying in the driveway.

The Tender Jr is mounted to a outlet above my lift, any bike that is on my lift for any length of time gets hooked up. The Other 3 Deltran tenders and the Black & Decker BM3B are on my bikes during times of un-use and over the winter. All have worked without issue.

The battery in my '76 Shovel is a maintenance free Yuasa from 2002 and as of last summer was still strong. The original battery in my '99 Fatboy lasted up until last year. It was taken out in a voltage regulator/stator failure. Both have always been on a tender when not in use.

The only "tender" I have ever had a issue with was a Harbor Freight that was given to me. Cooked the first and only battery it was ever put on.

Amazon frequently runs battery maintainers on their Lightning Deals. Both my Deltran Jrs were $19 and the Black & Decker was something like $14

The Northern Tool store in Nashville is sold out of them. SO I ordered one online. It was 31.48 with shipping. Thanks for the heads up on this minder.

Cav47, I ordered 2 last week from Northern Tool and my total paid via PayPal $57.47. Invoice was $24.99ea shpn $7.49 Why did you pay more than me. I am in CA so shpn cannot be the reason.

thanks for the heads up, picked one up at the Northern Tool store in Madison, WI store - they have them on sale for $20 plus tax.

Cav47, I ordered 2 last week from Northern Tool and my total paid via PayPal $57.47. Invoice was $24.99ea shpn $7.49 Why did you pay more than me. I am in CA so shpn cannot be the reason.
Art,

Not sure!! Maybe I paid more shipping for some reason. I have the invoice still and will have to check it out. Thank u for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.