Beowulf Exhaust Install and sound love the new cans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a pair of carbon fiber Beowolfs about a year ago. Love the looks and weight savings but under load it was toooooo loud especially with my Cee Bailey Windshield. Finally figured out the perfect compliment was Dave Walker's "Decibel Killer" and it's just right.

I got a pair of carbon fiber Beowolfs about a year ago. Love the looks and weight savings but under load it was toooooo loud especially with my Cee Bailey Windshield. Finally figured out the perfect compliment was Dave Walker's "Decibel Killer" and it's just right.
What is the Dave Walker "decibel killer" for the Beowulfs?

I have what I think is the OEM baffel in (single screw holding it in from the outlet), is this another name for it?

I have what I think is the OEM baffel in (single screw holding it in from the outlet), is this another name for it?

My Beowolf's had the insert baffle that could be removed, however with or without it still had that low resonance that was too much for public streets. Dale Walker is known for the "Holeshot" Exhaust Systems; full or slip ons. He also offers an aluminum disc with holes drilled out that can be used instead of the baffles, for his system. It also works for my Beowolfs.

I see they list "oval" or " round". Any particular reason you got the oval style? Also, the price went up. Damn!