Best bike cleaner / polish

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRONAMISSION

Flying at the speed of smell ;))
Reaction score
I want something quick, not three stages, ......

I don't wash my bike too often, cuts in to my ridin time.

A simple bucket of water and soap, then wipe off.

My question ... is there a one shot spray on ... that goes on when the bike is still wet?? then wipe it off

and go ride??

and I did search fjrforum best cleaner and polish....

and what and how do you take some along for those show and shine rides??

B. :blink: :unsure:

I have friends (husband & wife) that clean their bikes often and know what they're talking about, IMO. They've been telling me how well 'Kleen Guard' works (and even showed me on my bike when I visited -- apparently, it looked like it needed cleaning/polishing?). They get it at their local WallyWorld for something-like 97cents/spray can.

I've looked at my local WallyStore -- but, apparently, they don't carry Kleen Guard.

I'll get some when I can find it. :huh: :)

Simple question with many answers:

You can wash with any liquid auto wash and then....

ProtectALL....simply the best to clean/wax it all.

protectall-polish.jpg

https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-cle.../protectall.htm

S100 for heavy grime on wheels and engine.

My question ... is there a one shot spray on ... that goes on when the bike is still wet?? then wipe it off

and go ride??

You sound like me, rather ride than wash. I use turtle wax ICE just wash it dry it ride it has a nice shine dosent leave water spots. If you decide to just ride and dont dry it off! that's what I do. :rolleyes:

and go ride??

You sound like me, rather ride than wash. I use turtle wax ICE just wash it dry it ride it has a nice shine dosent leave water spots. If you decide to just ride and dont dry it off! that's what I do. :rolleyes:
=

I like the sound of this stuff.........

I also have Honda wax... it is magic also....

B.

I've used a ton of products and the best I've found is the Honda Cleaner and Polish. Plexus works great too. Both are fairly expensive.

Honda Cleaner and Polish went off the market a couple years back and was difficult to find. I think its back now with basically the same formulation only a different scent. Long story but you can do a web search and find out the reasons for all this.

What interesting is that during the time period that the Honda polish was off the shelves I started using Lemon Pledge Spray-on Furniture Polish (the stuff in the traditional yellow can). Believe it or not, it works great for all plastic and painted surfaces. It cuts grime on the wheels pretty good to. Its alot cheaper than the products listed above and is a one step process (spray on and wipe off). It holds up real well too and smells good to boot... :) I'm not kidding about this.

Dave

I've used a ton of products and the best I've found is the Honda Cleaner and Polish. Plexus works great too. Both are fairly expensive.
Honda Cleaner and Polish went off the market a couple years back and was difficult to find. I think its back now with basically the same formulation only a different scent. Long story but you can do a web search and find out the reasons for all this.

What interesting is that during the time period that the Honda polish was off the shelves I started using Lemon Pledge Spray-on Furniture Polish (the stuff in the traditional yellow can). Believe it or not, it works great for all plastic and painted surfaces. It cuts grime on the wheels pretty good to. Its alot cheaper than the products listed above and is a one step process (spray on and wipe off). It holds up real well too and smells good to boot... :) I'm not kidding about this.

Dave
==

I have a friend with a shop and swears by pledge too.... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :dribble: :dribble:

B.

I want something quick, not three stages, ......B. :blink: :unsure:
=

I like the sound of this stuff.........

I also have Honda wax... it is magic also....

B.
I have used Zano in the past (THE multi-step product) with great results for bikes and cars; but it was not meant to put on plastics or glass. I then switched to ICE which states its good on plastic also and love the stuff. Easy and effective.

Brian

I use Adams detail spray all the time....

I keep a small bottle of it on the bike for my visor also.

R

I use Showtime cleaner.

It works well and does the one spray clean and shine that you are looking for.

Eric

and go ride??