Best Farkle yet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorfjr

Reaction score
After 5 years of adding and redoing many features of this great bike, I think I've finally gotten the best yet. At the Seattle Bike show, I ponied up for a Gerbing jacket liner. This week it's been clear and between 26 and 40 degrees, so I finally wired the Dual controller up and took the bike to work.. Good God that liner can keep ya warm, life just got a little better.

After 5 years of adding and redoing many features of this great bike, I think I've finally gotten the best yet. At the Seattle Bike show, I ponied up for a Gerbing jacket liner. This week it's been clear and between 26 and 40 degrees, so I finally wired the Dual controller up and took the bike to work.. Good God that liner can keep ya warm, life just got a little better.

I have been using it under the roadcrafter and it's been 17 degrees in the morning. I wear an underarmor top, a cotton turtle neck, the gerbings liner and the roadcrafter. Blocking the wind with a good jacket is essential. at 30 degrees, I can skip the turtleneck.

Last edited by a moderator:
How come you waited so long. I have the old style but I almost never leave without it. :D

I dunno junior...it might be a toss up between the liner and CT. B) :dntknw:

--G

Yeah, I rode for years without electric heated gear, but once you try it, I don't know how you could ever go back to riding without it when the temp drops.

It's great to be able to crank it up on a cold morning start and then turn it down as the day warms up, Hopefuly! :yahoo:

I have Gerbing heated everything now. Pants,jacket,gloves and the new socks. Heated clothes will make a sis outta ya. Its one of the best riding farkles I have ever purchased.

ed