Best handlebar choice for 6'3" rider?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR Canuck

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm 6'3 1/2" tall. I'm finding the stock bars on my 2012 FJR uncomfortable on a long ride. I've seen plenty of options on the forum and elsewhere, but what is the best comfort choice for a tall rider? Also, are there significant differences between triple clamp replacements, like Helibars, vs. riser blocks like those from motorcyclelarry.com? It does seem the risers are a lot easier to install.

The motorcyclelarry risers move the bars up 1 1/8", and 1/2" closer. The Helibars allow for 1/2” higher and 1 1/4” back. So the question to all the tall riders out there, which one do you find more comfortable for long rides?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm 6'3 1/2" tall. I'm finding the stock bars on my 2012 FJR uncomfortable on a long ride. I've seen plenty of options on the forum and elsewhere, but what is the best comfort choice for a tall rider? Also, are there significant differences between triple clamp replacements, like Helibars, vs. riser blocks like those from motorcyclelarry.com? It does seem the risers are a lot easier to install.

The motorcyclelarry risers move the bars up 1 1/8", and 1/2" closer. The Helibars allow for 1/2" higher and 1 1/4" back. So the question to all the tall riders out there, which one do you find more comfortable for long rides?

Thanks!
This may not be much help but I am almost the same height as you (6'3", 34" inseam). I ride a Gen II and until last week, I ran with the stock bar setup and the rider seat in the raised position. I just installed a set of the Genmar riser blocks and to be quite honest, they make very little difference to me. I may try the bars in the closest position to see if that makes a difference. I have 50,000 miles on it in just over two years so I guess I never had major issues with the stock bars (or stock seat).

Ross

For the VERY tall rider:

5957ape_hangers.jpg

For the very VERY tall rider:

ape-hangers-336x283.jpg