Best place to get tires balanced in MN??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
The Season is here my MN riders (forget about the half of foot of snow we got coming in tonight),

Well... My Z6 rear tire is about blasted... The last 150 mile ride, Fri with my good friend on the C14, did it in.. It is starting to come apart in the middle and is pretty much toasted.

Around 7500 miles on these tires have left me satisfied. Definitely a quality tire. No real complaints. Though, when it started to get flat in the middle, it didn't take long to start coming apart.

I am excited to try out my new Pilot Road 2's!! Thanks again Toe for setting up the group buy!!!

I plan to do my tires very soon (yes, and grease the splines!!). I usually do all my bike work myself BUT I do not change tires off the rims or balance. I just don't have the extra room for the tire equipment. Wish I did, because I would like to!!

Previously, I have brought my rims to BOB's Cycle for the balance and rubber change out. No complaints about them, HOWEVER.....

Does any fellow MN folks have a favorite M/C tire place that does real good balancing at a reasonable price(no stealership service rates please!!).

Thanks for any advice.

WW

The Season is here my MN riders (forget about the half of foot of snow we got coming in tonight),
Well... My Z6 rear tire is about blasted... The last 150 mile ride, Fri with my good friend on the C14, did it in.. It is starting to come apart in the middle and is pretty much toasted.

Around 7500 miles on these tires have left me satisfied. Definitely a quality tire. No real complaints. Though, when it started to get flat in the middle, it didn't take long to start coming apart.

I am excited to try out my new Pilot Road 2's!! Thanks again Toe for setting up the group buy!!!

I plan to do my tires very soon (yes, and grease the splines!!). I usually do all my bike work myself BUT I do not change tires off the rims or balance. I just don't have the extra room for the tire equipment. Wish I did, because I would like to!!

Previously, I have brought my rims to BOB's Cycle for the balance and rubber change out. No complaints about them, HOWEVER.....

Does any fellow MN folks have a favorite M/C tire place that does real good balancing at a reasonable price(no stealership service rates please!!).

Thanks for any advice.

WW
Hey Wicked Webby, Try Midwest Cycle Supply 4300 Nicollet Ave. So. Mpls, Mn. 612-825-9774 I've had nothing but great service at reasonable rates AND they don't scratch my rims! Jevers

I've used C&M Cycle in Fridley, They seemed to do good work. Last time they charged around $30 though, I really don"t know what the going rate is.

You might also give Full Power Cycle in Hopkins a call, 952-933-4479. I've had them mount and balance for me. I brought in the wheels. When they found out I was driving 50 miles from WI, they did it while I waited.

Erik.