best price 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received a phone call at 4:30 today from the shop I'm buying from. My '07 just came off the ship in Long Beach and will be delivered next week. :yahoo: Now for the farkles. :rolleyes:

I have been waiting for the 07s to come out, and just started asking for prices. The closest dealer to me, Beaverton Oregon, told me they would be selling the bike for full sticker price, plus $175 for some kind of fee, and $1.05 per pound. I never heard of such a thing in 42 years of motorcycle riding. I told the guy I would just lean over his desk and save us all some time.The next dealer I talked to told me full retail plus $395 for set up. I guess I better start looking farther away. I would love to have a new FJR, but I have to live with myself afterwords.
Go to the top of the "pinned" list under FJR specific...click on "Sunnyside" or whatever their new name is...pick up your phone...give them a call. If I lived in the PNW, that's where I would go. All around good people (FJR Goodies) and Dan, the owner, has been a great supporter of the FJR madness.

I have been waiting for the 07s to come out, and just started asking for prices. The closest dealer to me, Beaverton Oregon, told me they would be selling the bike for full sticker price, plus $175 for some kind of fee, and $1.05 per pound. I never heard of such a thing in 42 years of motorcycle riding. I told the guy I would just lean over his desk and save us all some time.The next dealer I talked to told me full retail plus $395 for set up. I guess I better start looking farther away.
Different bike -- same story. I have a friend who just bought an '07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS -- from a dealer 2 states away. All the local dealers he asked wanted full MSRP + shipping + set-up. Even w/freight, he saved $850.

Admittedly, mine is second-hand info -- but, I have no reason not to believe him; why else would he go to the trouble? I have no idea where the local dealers are coming from....?

I'm starting to see '07s in the local Dallas/Ft. Worth area dealers! So nice to see bikes sitting on showroom floors without them having to have been pre-ordered. :yahoo:

There is an 07 sitting on the floor of Randle Noe Yamaha in Rockwall TX with 4 more coming in right behind it. Seems like the PDP thing is about over.

i say this because Yamaha is allowing dealers to buy stock to sell now.

However i am sure that you can get a better deal if you preorder from a dealer such as D and H or Tony in Texarkana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for best price on a 2007 north east new england eara.
Try Phibbs in Albany, NY. Their website is quoting $12,299 for an '07 FJR.

https://www.phibbspowersports.com/

I bought my '06 FJR and my '02 Warrior from them.
"Good taste" Bunker...lrider, maybe a little out of your way but check out Landcaster Sport Cycles in Ohio...great people to deal with!

IMG_0170-2.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

"Good taste" Bunker...
:p

Nice Warrior you got there DJ...they make nice stablemates, aye? Here's what mine now looks like:

zRtRear.jpg

And here's what the torque curve looks like with the 110" PR kit. The bike never fails to put a grin on my face:

Torque.jpg

Prices?

How about best Out-The-Door prices for us in Prunieville (CA) who are unable to buy out of state due to our DMV? I am willing to travel but must be in-state.

For my '03 & '04 I was able to get OTD from South Bay Motorcycles here in San Diego. Not bad, but that pales in comparison to Sunnyside or D&H.

Prices?
How about best Out-The-Door prices for us in Prunieville (CA) who are unable to buy out of state due to our DMV? I am willing to travel but must be in-state.

For my '03 & '04 I was able to get OTD from South Bay Motorcycles here in San Diego. Not bad, but that pales in comparison to Sunnyside or D&H.
Simple. Take 2 weeks off, fly to wherever, then tour around the southern US till you have 7500 miles on the bike. Save money & have a blast all at the same time. :lol:

I live in New Jersey which is pretty far north east, I payed 15000 total for he bike including 650$ freight, something i dont recall for setup, 7% sales tax and whatever they payed for titling and tags like 200ish... I think i got duped but its on an 07 black cherry so if thats what you want thats the price i payed, also to note though is the fact that the one they had on the showroom floor sold in two weeks and i bought the next one before it came in, One dealer i went to said he could only get four for the whole year so idk if you really could get much a better price. Maybe im wrong, either way i dont care cause i have one and its in MY garage not yours :yahoo: yeaaahhh