Best Price For 1300 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maywannayamaha1300

Reaction score
I'm getting close to ordering a 2006 yamaha FJ-1300a or ae. Can anyone give me some idea of who's got great pricing in the New York Metro area?

Thanks,

Roger

Call around until you get someone offer to sell you the bike for around $13.600....That's before taxes, but after MAKE READY & DEALERS PREP which many will try to pass on to your.....ask for a price in writing.........otherwise, when the bike arrives and your go down to pick it up and the scumbag SOB dealers hits you with all their BS add on cost, which you'll pay for your cause your'e so desperate for the bike, when you get home you gonna have an immediate need to a pregancy test....cause you just took it up the ASS!

Get it in Writing!!!!

Very good avdise indeed. If you're going to get on the PDP (think that is still the way they will sell the FJR unless someone knows differently), get the out the door price written in a contract before you put down the $$ on the PDP or a deposit for that matter.

Tony O at Yamaha Sportscenter in Texarkana has offered here on this forum a price of $11,995 for the A model - that's before tax and title - if you are out of state that is your price and you'll have to pay the tax in your state when you get plates. I ordered mine on 9/28. He also posted the AE price but I'm too lazy to go back and look it up.

OK I decided to look it up - $13,548 for the AE - it's posted in the vendor section

You will not be disappointed with Tony or any of the people at Yamaha Sports Center in Texarkana TX. Trust me I ride past at least 10 dealerships for them to service my bike.

My local dealer contracted me an FJR1300AE for $13,200 including everything BEFORE tax - it was ~$14,150 with tax & doc fees.

Best Regards,

Shane

I just found the "A" for $11,520 and "AE" for $13,020 out the door (plus your state tax) in WV. It's the same place where I bought my '03 for less than D&H. It can be hard to pull the trigger when you don't have the money.

Is there a better price? I'd love to give the local dealers support but they don't even want to talk about it, let alone give a half-decent price. Oh well, their loss.

Tony O at Yamaha Sportscenter in Texarkana has offered here on this forum a price of $11,995 for the A model - that's before tax and title - if you are out of state that is your price and you'll have to pay the tax in your state when you get plates. I ordered mine on 9/28. He also posted the AE price but I'm too lazy to go back and look it up.
Tony O is a legend in the Vstar community.

The Vstar was known to have the timing off from the factory on a few bikes.

Tony O was one of the few that actually acknowledged it and would fix it.

I am from Texarkana and I live in Maryland and if I had a ticker on my fjr I know I would trailer my bike to him he has that good of a reputation.

I just found the "A" for $11,520 and "AE" for $13,020 out the door (plus your state tax) in WV. It's the same place where I bought my '03 for less than D&H. It can be hard to pull the trigger when you don't have the money.
Is there a better price? I'd love to give the local dealers support but they don't even want to talk about it, let alone give a half-decent price. Oh well, their loss.
Hey Kevin!

What's the name and where is your Yamie dealer located. I'd like to give them a shout if they aren't too far from me.

Thanks!

RogerB

Tri-cities area bordering TN and VA.

Kingsport, Johnson City, TN.

Bristol,TN-VA

It's Romney Cycle in Romney, WV - https://www.webcityonthe.net/romneycycle/ - 301-724-8880. Romney is in the far eastern side of the state, actually not far from D.C. Another plus it's on US-50 -- a terrific motorcycling road.

If they do it like the '03, you can do everything over the phone/fax. Put your deposit on a credit card, they'll send you the PDP forms which you sign and mail/fax back, and they'll send you an invoice with a clear price on it. Maybe the experience wasn't as good as D&H as they are pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but in '03 it was the best price in the country. It may be that for '06 again. I haven't seen anyone match it. I even took their faxed invoice to my local dealer who has a "we'll match any competitor's offer" and he told me to take a hike. It's a very casual, laid-back place. The majority of their work is ATV's. I don't know anything about their service, but the bike was setup perfectly. They told me there are already 2 on order there. Interestingly, they would not deal on the YES plan so I bought that from D&H. At the time, the hard bag liners had not arrived and they mailed them to me no charge. Overall, I was very happy with them and it was well worth the 300 mile drive to them from Ohio. Tell them I sent you.

I just put in an order for an A model for the price of $11675 includes everything but tax and title. It's a new Yamaha dealer in Allentown, PA

TRI-CITY POWERSPORTS

2450 SCHOENERSVILLE RD

ALLENTOWN, PA 18109-9501

Ph: 610-841-8800

Fax: 610-841-8801

Not sure what the price is on the AE model.

Jim Owen

D&H Cycle, Cullman, Al - includes freight and set up, and doc.A $11,499

AE $12,999

1-888-553-3311.
Way cool on the D&H price. I'm not overly concerned about $25 but it does give some ammo to talk to local dealers or the guys in WV. Surely they are still making a profit at this price. Can you do everthing over the phone with D&H and charge the $500 deposit? And I also assume they give you a written quote? I'm pretty tight -- if we're talking about anything more than lunch money, dealer loyalty goes out the window.

Thanks!

Birds Yamaha at Patoka, Ill., about 100 mi east of St Louis, quoted me $11,999 for a 1300A. I've heard Bird's mentioned but don't know about the quality of their set-up and prep. Also, there is a good family owned business in Warrensburg, Mo., Warrensburg Cycle, which is competitive if you bring them a quote from another dealer. This for especially for Kansas City area riders who have found dealers in our town unbudging on MSRP.

Haven't seen any prices posted for CA orders. Unfortunately, I can only order from a CA dealer because of emissions. Seems the CA dealers all want close to MSRP.

Any good dealers to recommend in So Cal or anywhere else in CA for that matter? Hoping to get an FJR1300A for $11,995 plus TT&R.

Thanks,

Tony

For California try the dealer in Quincy. They were selling the 05 ABS out the door for $13299.00 ( includes tax's and all fees ) I beleive they said if you fly into the airport in Truckee they will pick you up. They also own another dealership in the L.A. area. :cownoy: