Best Price For 1300 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we can all meet in Dalhart (NOT AN INTERESTING PLACE)

If I get back up to Montana (just there in August), it would be GREAT to have a guide :clap:!

Best Regards,

Shane
Shane, You Just made me feel better! I WAS in Delhart and I thought of it as you do. Not too interesting. However, I also think I went through the hill country as I went from Delhart down to Austin, sometimes off the interstates.

It just doesn't look the same if your not on a bike. Honestly, you see much more and see it in a different way (your part of it) on a bike!

I guess I would have had a much different feeling of Texas if I had been on a bike!

When You get to Montana, your guide awaits! :bye: :drinks:
Clark,

The problem is that the "Hill Country" incorporates a pretty good size area. The real beauty in the Hill Country is the spring fed / limestone bottom rivers (Sabinal, Frio, Llano, Guadalupe, Nueces, James, San Saba).

I will definitely head your way as soon as I get my FJR1300AE :agent: !

And I do agree that one does appreciate the scenery more when on a bike - Cassie (daughter) and I had a ball on our 8 day ride to Yellowstone area this past August (though it was FREEZING after we got caught in a hailstorm with no place to pull over and put on our rain gear)!

Best Regards,

Shane

The last 15 posts have nothing to do with the price of an '06 FJR.
Who has the lower price, Texas or Montana?
Texas of COURSE to buy but as Clark pointed out, it is CHEAPER to ride in Montana RIGHT now as the riding area is however big your garage is :lol: :lol: !

Best Regards,

Shane

Shane, Eat your heart out!! -_- I also have an office in Cody, Wyoming! We ride between Lolo (Missoula) Montana and Cody all the time!.

If I get to ride your 06 FJR Paddle shift, you get a ride in the Cessan 182! :vampire: <sorry, but that's as close as I can come to something with wings!

And believe me, an airplane will suck all the "bloodmoney" or any other kind of money you have out of your bank account faster than any FJR (or any other bike) will go!

CK :super1:

Last edited by a moderator:
as the riding area is however big your garage is :lol: :lol: !
Best Regards,

Shane
Garage hell, We just put on our studded tires and away we go, and go and go and go, cause we can't stop! :cold:

Ever heard of bike Polo Hockey?? :hockey: :haha:

as the riding area is however big your garage is  :lol:   :lol: !
Best Regards,

Shane
Garage hell, We just put on our studded tires and away we go, and go and go and go, cause we can't stop! :cold:

Ever heard of bike Polo Hockey?? :hockey: :haha:
Like this?

gsx_ice_bike.jpg

Shane, Eat your heart out!! -_- I also have an office in Cody, Wyoming! We ride between Lolo (Missoula) Montana and Cody all the time!.
If I get to ride your 06 FJR Paddle shift, you get a ride in the Cessan 182! :vampire: <sorry, but that's as close as I can come to something with wings!

And believe me, an airplane will suck all the "bloodmoney" or any other kind of money you have out of your bank account faster than any FJR (or any other bike) will go!

I know about the planes and the $$$$ - my partner is single and is 1/3 owner of some kind of plane and he is ALWAYS telling me about the $$$$ of it just on maintenance. In fact, he has been trying to get me to talk to one of his co-owners about the documentation requirements for the plane and adding the module(s) to Drivers Log!

Best Regards,

Shane

The last 15 posts have nothing to do with the price of an '06 FJR.
Who has the lower price, Texas or Montana?
So, Cyclenut, how do you really feel about THREAD HIJACKERS who can't answer the original question asked or at least start their own discussion somewhere other than the main board??

IN RESPONSE TO THE ACTUAL QUESTION, check these, among others:

D&H in Alabama

Sunnyside in Washington state

Bird in Illinois

Texarkana Motor Sports in GUESS WHERE! TEXAS

Post if you need a phone number or more info.

I will now de-annoint myself as temporary board moderator. There is, indeed, some great riding in that Texas hill country. Sweet paved roller coasters they call roads! The big straightaways in west Texas off the beaten track are great for FJR speed drills, too. :agent:

Ah, no biggie I guess. Bantor is fun but for someone trying to get info it is distracting.

Informative list however.

And I guess;

South Bay Motorsports - National City, California

Yea, it's all good fun until someone gets their internet-eye poked out!

Come to think of it, the original starter of this thread, Maywannayamaha1300, hasn't been heard from since he posted 2 months ago. A one-post wonder? Guess we never really answered his question about a recommended New York dealer.

Me, I collect names of the good deal dealers mentioned on this board, including their pricing. This has helped a couple of times while on the road when my rear tire thinned out earlier than planned... Thanks for adding South Bay Motorsports to the list to consider.

I ordered my FJR1300AE from Action Sports (link below) for $13,200 + taxes = $14,100.

https://www.actionsportstx.com/default.asp

I ordered BEFORE I saw anyone else's prices by coming up with a # I figured was fair and they took my deposit and gave me a detailed invoice listing all charges and the final price!

Talk with Angela!

Best Regards,

Shane

:blink: So.CalMike, are your sure about the OTD price. MSRP on the 2006 "1300A" is $13,499.00. Your talking less than MSRP. In CA tax is a big hit. I don't think they would leave that out.  ;)
Painman, I was referencing a post just above mine by Kaitsdad that showed the OTD price as 13,420.00

(kaitsdad @ Nov 22 2005, 04:52 PM) South Bay Motorsports -  National City, California.

13,420 OTD.

Oh yeah -  that's an 'A'

Hmmmm... I was expecting to have to go up to LA to find the best deal. These guys are only about 10 miles from my house! Sweet! Now I know where I'll be buying my '06 - that is, after I hear the reviews from ANYBODY that has actually ridden one. I'm still torn between
That was definitely the lowest price I've seen in California and, if he didn't misspeak and it was the true OTD price (includes Tax+Lic+Doc+Prep+Deliv+ ...) I'm definitely going to buy.

Since I'm still waiting to find out more about the '06 bike I haven't bothered to start going to dealers for best price just yet. I'll fly anywhere in CA to get the best price but I'm sitting on the fence waiting to read actual bike reviews before making the jump. :cownoy:

Shane, I think we have been UN-HIJACKED! :angry:
That's fair. It was their site anyway! :D

Clark,

If you want, start a thread over at www.StumpWare.com/forums!

Happy Riding!

Best Regards,

Shane

I don't think an out the door price refers to sales tax and liscense, does it? You would pay for your sales tax and liscense at the liscense office if I'm not mistaken.

JS

:blink: So.CalMike, are your sure about the OTD price. MSRP on the 2006 "1300A" is $13,499.00. Your talking less than MSRP. In CA tax is a big hit. I don't think they would leave that out.  ;)
Painman, I was referencing a post just above mine by Kaitsdad that showed the OTD price as 13,420.00

(kaitsdad @ Nov 22 2005, 04:52 PM) South Bay Motorsports -  National City, California.

13,420 OTD.

Oh yeah -  that's an 'A'

Hmmmm... I was expecting to have to go up to LA to find the best deal. These guys are only about 10 miles from my house! Sweet! Now I know where I'll be buying my '06 - that is, after I hear the reviews from ANYBODY that has actually ridden one. I'm still torn between
That was definitely the lowest price I've seen in California and, if he didn't misspeak and it was the true OTD price (includes Tax+Lic+Doc+Prep+Deliv+ ...) I'm definitely going to buy.

Since I'm still waiting to find out more about the '06 bike I haven't bothered to start going to dealers for best price just yet. I'll fly anywhere in CA to get the best price but I'm sitting on the fence waiting to read actual bike reviews before making the jump. :cownoy:
Gents;

Here's the breakdown:

12,290 06 A

955 tax

45 doc fee

130 lic

total of 13,420.

I have my dealer statement showing total price, and my PDP Claim form.

Ted, Southbay Motorsports in National City. 619.420.2300

I'm not the first - this price was posted in two previous threads on this forum.

Hope the PDP isn't closed yet !

Best of luck !!

Kaitsdad, here's where I got my info. But I like your dealer prices better.

06 FJR 1300A M.S.R.P. :rolleyes:

You might be able to test drive at the International Show in San Jose on 12/17 and 18 at the Convention Center as Yamaha is doing demo's. Painman. <><

Gents;
Here's the breakdown:

12,290  06 A

955 tax

45 doc fee

130 lic

total of 13,420. 

I have my dealer statement showing total price,  and my PDP Claim form. 

Ted,  Southbay Motorsports in National City.  619.420.2300

I'm not the first -  this price was posted in two previous threads on this forum. 

Hope the PDP isn't closed yet !

Best of luck !!
Thanks for the confirmation Kaitsdad!!! Most of us are so used to being ripped off by Cali dealers that we can't believe our eyes when we see a fair price. I always figure that there must have been a catch (like the extra $2900 "assembly fee" that House of Motorcycles tried to charge me) or I figured you must have misquoted.

It's nice to know I was wrong on both accounts! ;)