best price near Milwaukee?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xanaduguy

Reaction score
so two questions... Anyone near Milwaukee and can reccomend a good dealer with best prices I read a post that said : "you can pick up an 07 for somewhere around $12,300 before T&L."

went into one dealer last week and it was 14k + T&L... would rather save the cash .. lol

Also,

thoughts on how to sell my first bike? It is a 06 shadow Aero ... I assume trading it in is gonna get me bupkis for cash.

You could try Larson's

Clicky

make sure you ask for a sales manager....

(and have a good price to leverage)

Otherwise I know there was a place in WI that was good, they owners son even hit the CFO rally's

-bvw.

so two questions... Anyone near Milwaukee and can reccomend a good dealer with best prices I read a post that said : "you can pick up an 07 for somewhere around $12,300 before T&L."
went into one dealer last week and it was 14k + T&L... would rather save the cash .. lol

Also,

thoughts on how to sell my first bike? It is a 06 shadow Aero ... I assume trading it in is gonna get me bupkis for cash.

The guys at RockRiver Powersports in Jefferson, WI have two AE's. Almost bought one of theirs, zero miles brand new, $12,199 & they are willing to ship in crate for $399 anywhere..... The guy to call is Duke @ 920-674-9280. Good luck! DrQ.

Also,

:unsure: Wanna clarify, the Rock River bikes are '06 bikes. Also, the guys in Denver at Vickery have a zero mile AE on the floor and they'll sell for $12,600....

only AE's?

I am hoping to find a standard shift model.

Any other places other than larsons?

Otherwise I know there was a place in WI that was good, they owners son even hit the CFO rally's
would love to know the name of that place.

Oh and I would love to get my hands on a 07 rather than an 06.. I guess its the new snob in me .. LOL :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
only AE's?I am hoping to find a standard shift model.

Any other places other than larsons?

would love to know the name of that place.

Oh and I would love to get my hands on a 07 rather than an 06.. I guess its the new snob in me .. LOL :rolleyes:
They have at least one standard shift when I spoke to them last week. They are hungry and clearly willing to discuss bottom prices. Jefferson would be worth the call. These prices were OTD...

Talked to Duke Last night... said he has one 07 coming in and he would sell it for 13.2K . really nice guy too.. we talked about the AE but I just cant bring myself to ride an automatic motorcyle... seems like I would be desecrating the history of the motorcycle somehow...

anyone care to share thoughts on the Auto? I am intrigued but not enough to buy one.. LOL

sigh... I just need to figure out my finances and then I could get the fjr.

Oh and he also has an auto matic (06) for 12.2K

Talked to Duke Last night... said he has one 07 coming in and he would sell it for 13.2K . really nice guy too.. we talked about the AE but I just cant bring myself to ride an automatic motorcyle... seems like I would be desecrating the history of the motorcycle somehow...
anyone care to share thoughts on the Auto? I am intrigued but not enough to buy one.. LOL

sigh... I just need to figure out my finances and then I could get the fjr.

Oh and he also has an auto matic (06) for 12.2K
BTW, they are NOT automatics, <_< .... they don't have a clutch lever. You still have to shift with a lever on the handlebar or with the conventional foot shift lever.

The March '07 edition of Cycle World's has a column in their long term updates regarding an '06 AE, which they call the mile-making machine. As to your question regarding the electric shift, they were not overly impressed. A quote from the editor's logbook entry: "I've spent 38 years perfecting my clutch/shifting technique; something that does it for me had better be an improvement. This ain't. "So far we'd rate the $1800 option as an answer to a question nobody we know is asking."

sc000c5f1e.jpg

Do you have your mind set on purchasing new?

There seem to be quite a few on the market right now.

Here are two I've seen on craigslist recently

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

Plus I know Tom Nap still has his '04 he was going to put on the market come spring.

-bvw.

The March '07 edition of Cycle World's has a column in their long term updates regarding an '06 AE, which they call the mile-making machine. As to your question regarding the electric shift, they were not overly impressed. A quote from the editor's logbook entry: "I've spent 38 years perfecting my clutch/shifting technique; something that does it for me had better be an improvement. This ain't. "So far we'd rate the $1800 option as an answer to a question nobody we know is asking."
sc000c5f1e.jpg

Yep I saw this article and read it. It really seems like a cool concept as it is the same as the Autostick function on some cars that allows you to shift on the fly without using a clutch. I just dont know why I would want one and if we are looking at a change in the way motorcycles will be built or just a fad.

either way it is a cool idea... I just dont think I would want one.

Do you have your mind set on purchasing new?
There seem to be quite a few on the market right now.

Here are two I've seen on craigslist recently

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

Plus I know Tom Nap still has his '04 he was going to put on the market come spring.

-bvw.
I always said my next major cycle purchase was going to be new... Sigh.. is there any real significant changes to the 07 over the previous years? I like the black cherry color alot but I might be swayed if the deal was super de duper cool.

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to Mike Larson at the MC show, they are doing 12,300-12,400 on the A's (I hope I got that right)

I think Tom will be selling his '04 for less than the two I previously listed PM me if you want his info.

(non-ABS, has cosmetic damage on bags)

There is heat management changes, etc. In the newer ones. Wasn't enough to make me upgrade, others have. Google is your friend.

-bvw.