Bike Alarm

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schupperts

Reaction score
I recieved a new Omega Proline MC-1 motorcycle security system for my bike as a gift. I am not very smart and it appears that I will be cutting wires and modifying the bike to a point where I may be voiding any and all warranties. Anyone installed this alarm and/or will the install void factory and extended warranty. I searched Omega Alarm and did not find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I recieved a new Omega Proline MC-1 motorcycle security system for my bike as a gift. I am not very smart and it appears that I will be cutting wires and modifying the bike to a point where I may be voiding any and all warranties. Anyone installed this alarm and/or will the install void factory and extended warranty. I searched Omega Alarm and did not find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
I don't have experience with that alarm. Is it a generic one that requires splicing into factory wiring or does it have connectors that simply plug into the factory harness? Either will work, but it's obviously easier to go back to a stock configuration if only connectors are involved. And when it comes to warranty, it's better if you can return to stock and confirm to the dealer that your alarm isn't what causing your bikes problem (assuming you have a problem that you're bringing the bike to the dealer for warranty work).

You can research the "Magnuson Moss something or other warranty act" (sorry can't remember the exact title) that spells out rules for warranties. But basically the dealer can't deny warranty on your blown engine that was caused by a spun main bearing because you have an alarm installed. The warranty can only be denied if your modification caused the problem. Your warranty also can't be denied if you did your own maintenance as long as you save receipts to prove that you bought the parts/supplies and kept a log.

Me personally, I have no qualms about hacking into factory wiring because I know I'm gonna do it in such a way that I don't cause any problems. But I'll have to be prepared to call BS on the dealer if he tries to tell me that my aftermarket accessories that are powered through a power strip straight off the battery are what cause my grounding spider to fail (google ground spider on this website for more info). I actually fixed my spider failure, but if another one smokes I'm bringing it to the dealer so they can document another FJR with the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Gorilla alarm system on mine, piece of cake to install, comes with a two way paging remote.