Bike cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRrambo

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good, lightweight cover to put over your bike at night when you are on a 5 - 10 day trip? Obviously, it should be compact so you can squeeze it in somewhere and not take up valuable storage space. If your bike is sitting out in front of a motel all night, I imagine a cover would help deter curious minds and hands as well as protect the bike from the weather. Any ideas?

Not trying to steal your thread Rambo, I too am looking. Does anyone own a factory FJR cover and was it worth the money?

I buy Geza's for all my bikes. Roll up in a tiny bag and can be stored anywhere. Fit nice and tight. I have three of them and have never had a problem with any of them. Here is their web site: www.gezagear.com

Good luck, ;)

Ray

I have the factory cover....It fits the bike nicely and has the logo on it. I cann't give you a report on how it holds up in the weather as I use my just to cover my bike in the garage over the winter.

+1 on Geza.... It ain't cheap, but it fits the bike really well, and compresses down to a fairly small bundle. Easy on, easy off...

I have an Aerostich Ultralite cover. Packs small, waterproof and covers to the ground for security. I doesn't fit condom tight like the Geza but packs smaller.

I use a cheap wal-mart xl bike cover in the garage $20 . I also have a tour king I think it"s called, it"s a half cover I keep on the bike because it folds up real small in its own pouch. Dwayne in NH

+another on the Geza.

It doesn't pack as small as some but it is extremely easy to use and the ability to stretch is priceless. I can cover my entire bike, bags, cell, topbox and all, sans CB antenna which is quick release mounted and becomes the spine for the cover.

As you can see there is no " best one" answer to anything on this board including oil and tires. One should ask what others use and you have a general concensous on what is available. There are reasons why people use and own what they own, too many to list. I have a garage dust cover,Nelson Rigg, a Dowco Guardian for outside weather protection and water proof, and a Geza travel cover cuz it packs up and covers enough of the bike. Which one is best is usually decided on how one uses the product.