Bill Riley Highway Pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Well, one of the things needing to be replaced after my little boo-boo this weekend is the right side Bill Riley highway peg mount, and all the hardware.

I can't find email or any contact info for him.

So can anybody help me out here?

Greg

worthless.gif

Let's see the damage, Greg.....

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm curious about those Bill Riley pegs. Is there a link or can the contact info be posted here? Is this product from a company or private party? :unsure:

And WC, you definitely win the award for most creative use of emoticons! :p

https://p083.ezboard.com/ffjr1300ownersasso...start=1&stop=20

here some info and pics. It's been reported that the email addy may not work? so let us know if it's still good will ya?

I was dead set against putting them on me bike, but after a bout of sciatic pain, I broke down and installed them. I must admit they work pretty good, not only can I stretch my legs on the bike but when my legs are forward my wife stretches her legs onto my pegs ! B)

Thanks for the info Highlander. I sent the email a little while ago, hasn't gotten kicked back yet. I'll post here if/when I get reply.

SkooterG -

Also interested in the damage assessment, pictures or otherwise. Did the brackets and pegs take the brunt of the damage? Any concern about that force being absorbed by the smaller bolts along the back of the side covers.

Thanks,

LET's SEE THE DAMAGE! Oops. Sorry. Got excited there.

[email protected]

I just got the Old Wild Bill pegs from Terry. I bought the chrome pegs with the kit. IMHO, those gay-assed chrome pegs are too short. And since the pegs are "female" mounted (insert jokes), finding replacement longer pegs locally has been a pain in the ass. If I drill out the mount hole in the plate, I can get just about any size and shape Harley/Chopper style peg out there, with all kinds of different lengths.

The problem is my shins are hitting the tupperware if I get my whole foot on the peg. To miss the corner of the fairing, the middle of my foot is on the outer lip of the peg. I gotta get something else. Not real excited about drilling the plate, though. The "harley bolts" are so big I'm afraid the hole in the mounting plate won't have enough meat left to hold up if I get heavy footed.

Any ideas? Pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
Skooter, did the plate transfer any damage to the case covers? I've been worried about them prying out the bolts during a laydown. Sounds like you now have first hand experience. :eek:

Anything to share there? :rolleyes:

WOW, that was almost as fast as the FJR!! Sent in Paypal payment after my last post and the Bill Riley stuff arrived today in the mail. What service! Can't wait to try them out. Thanks for helping me locate the source of these! :D

I just got the Old Wild Bill pegs from Terry. I bought the chrome pegs with the kit. IMHO, those gay-assed chrome pegs are too short. And since the pegs are "female" mounted (insert jokes), finding replacement longer pegs locally has been a pain in the ass. If I drill out the mount hole in the plate, I can get just about any size and shape Harley/Chopper style peg out there, with all kinds of different lengths.
The problem is my shins are hitting the tupperware if I get my whole foot on the peg. To miss the corner of the fairing, the middle of my foot is on the outer lip of the peg. I gotta get something else. Not real excited about drilling the plate, though. The "harley bolts" are so big I'm afraid the hole in the mounting plate won't have enough meat left to hold up if I get heavy footed.

Any ideas? Pics?
I concur on the chrome pegs. My friend ridgerunner already had some on his bike so's I got to see 'em firsthand. Decided immediately to purchase the mounts but buy my own pegs. I ended up with some nice Harley pegs that I bought off of Ebay for....... this is my favorite part....... $5.86 & this was including shipping. Vat' a deal!!! They're nice heavy duty chrome with turned up ends and they have rubber inserts to keep the foot from a'slidin'. (this is the only thing "harley" that will be touching my bike)

Anyway, these mounts/pegs are the shit IMO.

If you've decided to purchase your own pegs, take a look at Ebay. There was a wonderful assortment of pegs to pick from.

Also, I didn't have to do any drilling for the Harley hardware.

Heidi

I ordered from Terry/old wild bill's.Very fast and great service.I like the riding position when using them.I have the sargent seat also and they work well together,your away from the tank and your legs are catching lots of cooler wind.Think i'll get the plates powder coated later and change pegs.

I drilled my plates out and installed some Kuryakan pegs. No problem with drilling them out , it all worked out fine.

Heidi, you got any links or pics? The pegs with the kit had a 14mm nut. Man, the stuff I was looking at in the local chopper shop was at least 19mm!!

Thanks, Highlander! Glad to hear that I CAN drill them without problem.

Would be nice to know how long your folks parts are (insert jokes). I'm wondering how far out you can go and keep from scraping the ground.

Buying big assed replacement pegs locally is going to set me back about another $80. Time to look into eBay!!!

Heidi, you got any links or pics? The pegs with the kit had a 14mm nut. Man, the stuff I was looking at in the local chopper shop was at least 19mm!!
Thanks, Highlander! Glad to hear that I CAN drill them without problem.

Would be nice to know how long your folks parts are (insert jokes). I'm wondering how far out you can go and keep from scraping the ground.

Buying big assed replacement pegs locally is going to set me back about another $80. Time to look into eBay!!!
FJRocket... no pics or links. Just do a search for "highway pegs" on Ebay. That is where I found mine. I'll tell you for sure... I like 'em a lot better than the ones that you can order with the mounts... & I really lucked out on the price. If I can get a hold of a digital camera tomorrow I'll take a pic & send it to you.

I used longer bolts (on cheapie Holy pegs from MC) and spaced 'em using stainless washers. Moved them out another 1/2" or so, got my shins away from the plastic. They appear to be high enough to where if they hit on a turn, rads already calling ambulance sevices for quotes.

ScooterG

Was the damage limited to just the bracket and/or the peg, or, did those three little bolts [that attach the bracket to the motor] get yanked out?

Piggy

worthless.gif

Let's see the damage, Greg.....
True, very true. I am SO fired!

Hopefully, will be catching up on some things this weekend. So without further adieu........

FJRCrash098.jpg

As, you can see, the bracket was bent "in", so no, it didn't pull out any bolts. It did however bend them all, and the Riley spacers, to various degrees. There was a slight amount of oil moisture around the edge of the case cover. This could have been present before, but I am assuming that the crash caused it. There was not much - not even near the amount required to even form a single drip.

So, overall, I am happy with the way the Riley pegs and brackets held up. As I stated before, I rode home 1500 miles after the crash. And I was using the right Riley highway peg most of that distance, as my right fjr peg broke off:

FJRCrash028.jpg

Greg

Oh yeah, back to my original post on how to get a hold of Bill Riley. Well, Wild Bill has moved to Idaho, so some of the old contact info is obsolete.

You can contact him by emailing him at [email protected]

I also have his phone # and address, but I am hesitant to give out phone numbers. All I have ever done is email him. He is generally quick to respond.

Greg