Bill Riley Highway Pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. That just makes me nervous, esp. after doing things like slides and engine (case) armour to make sure that the bike is ridable after a laydown. It just seems like those bolts could get forced out resulting in a "really hard to fix on the road" leak or even mess up the threads on the casings causing more problems. :sad2:

I did buy them and had them on for a while, but I'd taken them off last year.

Woodstock, you stated that you've put a lot of engine protection on. Does that include sliders? Are you sure that the sliders won't help forego sliding your highway pegs off. If memory is serving me correctly the sliders DO keep the pegs off of the ground (at least with the R&G style).

Then there is the issue of not actually sliding... but doing some other really cool bike crunching maneauver.

Scooter,

it looks like the highway pegs did a good job of protecting the water pump hose. That's the weak spot I think on " bike protection " . On the altenator we can add the carbon fiber cover , but not much added protection available for the water pump hose. It looks like the pegs did a great job of protecting the vunerable hose. Again, I'm glad you could finish the rally and ride back from Cali to AZ!! Sort of makes you one one the poster boys for using protection. :D

Woodstock, you stated that you've put a lot of engine protection on. Does that include sliders? Are you sure that the sliders won't help forego sliding your highway pegs off. If memory is serving me correctly the sliders DO keep the pegs off of the ground (at least with the R&G style).
Then there is the issue of not actually sliding... but doing some other really cool bike crunching maneauver.
I have the moko's (very first thing I did, same day I picked up bike), I'm almost positive they wouldn't prevent the pegs (or peg supports) from hitting the ground. Not sure about the R&G ones.