Black Hills Rendezvous FJR/DUAL SPORT/ADV Bike - "Non-Rally" in the Black Hills June 20-23 2024 Steak Dinner and Registration now open!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My better half decided she wanted to come along to enjoy the roads and see the sights, so I cancelled my BW reservation and booked a spot for our RV at Chris' Camp about two miles away. Did you all know there is both an ST1300 (Honda) group there during the same dates as well as some of those famously overdressed BMW riders?! Should be an interesting convention. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_5723.jpg
    IMG_5723.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Do you mean, something like this?:
Oh man, I can almost forgive the 10 year old's hat style since in fact, I spy a Roadcrafter suit! Been a long time wearer of Aerostich, both the Roadcrafter and Darien. Great stuff. Always in style too!

Attachments

• 1098891.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 0
Just learned of this Non-rally! Haven't been following the page much this winter. Is there a list of attendees somewhere? Anyone heading there from Manitoba? Anyone know if rooms are still available at the group rate?

Group rate should be over, but I'll take a roommate if you want to split mine.
Thanks for the offer James, but I'd be coming down with my wife so would want our own room. And not knowing about this rally, we submitted our passports for renewal a few weeks back and have still not received the replacements, so are kinda stuck this side of the border until they arrive. If they don't arrive early next week it doesn't look like we'll be able to make this rally. They were supposed to arrive this past week, so hoping we see them soon, and if so we may be a last minute sign-up.

Thanks for the offer James, but I'd be coming down with my wife so would want our own room. And not knowing about this rally, we submitted our passports for renewal a few weeks back and have still not received the replacements, so are kinda stuck this side of the border until they arrive. If they don't arrive early next week it doesn't look like we'll be able to make this rally. They were supposed to arrive this past week, so hoping we see them soon, and if so we may be a last minute sign-up.
Wait, you need a passport to go to South Dakota?! Dang, I need to look for mine in a drawer somewhere... ;) I mean, that kind of makes sense coming all the way from Texas but I thought Winnipeg was closer.

Oh man, I can almost forgive the 10 year old's hat style since in fact, I spy a Roadcrafter suit! Been a long time wearer of Aerostich, both the Roadcrafter and Darien. Great stuff. Always in style too!
So we are on the way. Stopped in Wichita, Kansas on the way. Will be arriving a day early to look around ahead of time. Plan on visiting Deadwood for sure. Are most folks staying at the BW? We will be in Chris' Camp, an RV park that will also have some other long-distance riders who are part of STOC, the (Honda) ST Owners Club, though I doubt there will be too many on STs anymore.

Made it to Spearfish and met up with some ST riders (a few and lots of other types) at our RV camp. Will have to figure out how to meet up with some of my Yamaha brethren. Maybe breakfast? Or at least, will make ot over the the city park for dinner on Saturday!

Had a great ride yesterday over to Devil's Tower. What a great route from Spearfish, up through Belle Fourche and across 24.

Attachments

• IMG_6204.jpg
    IMG_6204.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Saturday Night Steak Dinner purchase and Black Hills rendezvous registration is now open

The Black Hills Rendezvous Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 Steak dinner will run $35 for 12-14 oz NY Strip Steak, Salad, Baked Potatoe, and Desert. The dinner will be held in the North Picnic Shelter in the Spearfish City Park, walking distance from the Spearfish City Campground, and about 1 mile from the Best Western Lodge. BYOB.

The cutoff for ordering dinner will be June 14th to give my butcher time to order/prepare,

Saturday Night Steak Dinner purchase and Black Hills Rendezvous registration
What time are we meeting? Dropped by the BW earlier and only saw two bikes, since I presume all were out riding!