Bluetooth Communications

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherman

Reaction score
Any Geeks here?

Is it possible for 2 (or more) bluetooth headsets to communicate directly with each other without the cell phone? My motorola bluetooth headset fits nicely inside the helmet and I can get cell phone calls while riding. Pushing the little blackberry buttons with gloves on while driving is a challange though.

This would be great for wolf pack rides or just with the wife. Just link the wireless headsets before setting out.

I have searched the web to no avail so far, but I thought I'd throw it out here for discussion. I'll keep searching.

Also can a radar dectector transmitt to a blue tooth headset? (I think using an ipod transmitter could work.)

Thanks,

Bruce

Any Geeks here?Is it possible for 2 (or more) bluetooth headsets to communicate directly with each other without the cell phone?

Also can a radar dectector transmitt to a blue tooth headset?
Yes. No. Yes, but no other device could simultaneously.

-BD

The range of Bluetooth is pretty tight. Probably won't work from bike to bike unless you are tightly spaced. If you pipe in sound to a BT enabled device with a wires input/BT output, it should work fine.

I think Bluetooth is a complete, royal pain in the ass! I use it on an IPAQ, my cell phone, PC, and headset to link up, dial out, syncronize contacts/calendar, talk, etc. But for a bike...wired is more reliable and suitable (for me).