BMW K1200GT broke down in Reno, Nv.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BMW will not fix the problem. They will just drop the model line, then present a new line with new problems. This way the old problems are gone.

I will never buy another BMW ever.

Funny though, I ride my FJR in the BMW club rides.

And this is "FJR Specific" because....?
Sorry, once you sort out a few thousand threads, it kinda sticks with you. I would have filed this into NEPRT, with all the other "other-badge-bashing" stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, other than the fact that the truly superior don't need to trash talk....

"I'll be back for you Jack, and I'll let the machine speak." Name that tune.

You just don't read about this sort of stuff over here.
Except on Carver's bike. :rolleyes:
Huh? What? What's wrong with my bike? Huh? :unsure:

iirc, this is the same model that gave up and died on last years almost winning ibr ride??
No, that was Jim Owen on his BMW 1150RT, I believe.
And interestingly enough, Jim bought himself an 06 FJR but couldn't find the love for it and got rid of it. He is back to the RT which he is well familiar with. I sincerely hope that decision doesn't come back to bite him again in the way of BMW reliabilithy problems.

"Do you realize that there will be thousands of penguins going to bed tonight without any assurance that they will have ice tomorrow?" - ionbeam, 4/27/06

Now you have me worried, will there be enough ice for my rum and coke tomorrow?

Wait....

What was this thread about?

BMW will not fix the problem. They will just drop the model line, then present a new line with new problems. This way the old problems are gone. I will never buy another BMW ever.

Funny though, I ride my FJR in the BMW club rides.
Somebody needs to ride drag to pick up the loose parts! :lol:

This a simple problem ,that is getting BMW a BAD NAME ,it is like in the 70's Triumph leak oil , Harley break down,etc . The jokes used to go

" Why have the Arabs got all the OIL

Cause Moses Truimphed the desert "

" I see you got a new Harley

you riding or pushing it today"

I can see BMW owners getting the jokes now

"I see you got a BMW , been shafted by the dealer yet"

or

" I see you got a BMW 1200 is that what it costs per service or breakdown ? "

or

"I see you got a BMW

Yep

How much dose it weigh

255 Kilos

What's that in pounds

About 560 pounds

So it takes about $2 to the English pound, so a service is about $1100"

If they do not own up, fix up and get the customers on side ,they will be stuffed like the British bike makers in the 70's .