bmw vs fjr quality

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ride all the time with a couple of friends with K1200RT and K1200GT. They complain that they can't keep up. I just smile.

I think if you compare a lower end BMW to a lower end Yamaha, I think you would probably see a fair difference in quality. But you'll see the same quality difference between an FJR and FZ and the same difference in price.

Trying out a K1300GT and S1000RR on Wednesday. That'll be interesting.

Maurice,
All you need is ONE FJR.
Bingo, we have a winner!!!

I've always been a "one bike" kinda guy (Mostly Yamahas) and tried the BMW Koolaide; It wasn't very tasty to me.

BMW bikes do have a certain quality to them, but they're real high maintenance, finicky, over engineered, and quirky on a good day. All the BMW fanatics I know have multiple bikes like your friend so they have something to ride while the other' one's in the shop.

One bike is all I have to; commute, sport ride, tour, and I'm riding most every day. For me the Japanese win hands down, I was always futzing with the BMW.

With the FJR, I can just put gas in, ride the thing and not wonder when that FD is gonna grenade?

BMW do have better ads though... :p

BMW-AD-2.jpg

My two BMW's ARE better than my FJR. They are more reliable, have less maintenance costs, are cheaper to insure, and can handle dirt roads much better the Feejer. Mechanics find my BMW's easy to work on, as a matter of fact I can't recall the last time my BMW was professionally serviced. So your friend is right, BMW's are vastly superior.

BMW_R69_S,_Bj._1963_am_10.06.2007_(kl).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.