Boot Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Just hours from the 10n10 finish and my right boot met its brutal finish.

Now I was very pleased with this pair of Cruiserworks Boots. I had them for close to

3 years (120,000 miles) and my feet NEVER got wet. A very tough act to follow, but I

want to begin an open minded search for new boots.

Waterproof is a MUST, along with comfort...

Recently purchased a KLIM Badlands jacket and Traverse pants, so I received their catalog in the mail.

Now I am curious if anyone has tried these?

https://www.klim.com/en-us/shop/moto/;max=16;page=4/3108-000

Any thoughts or advice is welcomed.

Thanks, Tony

I've been wearing Tour Master Solution waterproof boots. I had a pair go three years, but not that many miles, but never had wet feet. All day walking comfortable. The longest pair had the lining tear, the new pair I bough had some stitchind tear out and was replaced under warranty. The replacements have gone longer than the busted-ass ones, so I'm thinking good thoughts.

They're not a lot of money, just over a hundred bucks, so even if you only get a year or so, at least you haven't spent 300 bucks on them!

All that said, I did like the original Solution better than the current Solution 2 for fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just glancing at the Klim gear on their site. Great looking stuff but $1299 for a jacket - really?

Joe

A lace boot? Really? Dude. Get with the program! While in Denver how many LD riders did you see with lace motorcycle boots on?

A lace boot? Really? Dude. Get with the program! While in Denver how many LD riders did you see with lace motorcycle boots on?
IF you really must know (Skooter)

One of my ankles has a plate with 7 screws in it-Lace makes for a custom fit...

Now tell me why do you wear lace? :p

Are you back from putting unauthorized miles on Hula Girl?

Where is she sitting now?

...and more important...

How was your trip?

If of interest, I have a pair of Sidi Canyon Gore-Tex Boots that I've only worn a couple of times and have been meaning to put up for sale. Size 43. Retail is $350. Make me an offer. :)

I don't care for the taller style boots so I purchased an Alpinestar waterproof Ridge. It does a good job of keeping the water out and is comfy on cold days.

Also, have a pair of Icon Vented and they are nice in these Texas Summers. :)

I'm just breaking in a pair of Danner Striker II GTX. This is a short combat boot, gore-tex, lace up, zipper up the inside ankle and waterproof. They are available in EE widths (required for me). I can walk all day in them with ease.

I found this pair on eBay for $140.

https://www.danner.com/strikertm-ii-gtxr-uniform-boots.html

edit for clarity; These have laces AND zippers. I laced them once to adjust and zipper in and out of them.

I've been wearing Tour Master Solution waterproof boots. I had a pair go three years, but not that many miles, but never had wet feet. All day walking comfortable. The longest pair had the lining tear, the new pair I bough had some stitchind tear out and was replaced under warranty. The replacements have gone longer than the busted-ass ones, so I'm thinking good thoughts.

They're not a lot of money, just over a hundred bucks, so even if you only get a year or so, at least you haven't spent 300 bucks on them!

All that said, I did like the original Solution better than the current Solution 2 for fit.
These were on my list- they also make an "Air" boot

If of interest, I have a pair of Sidi Canyon Gore-Tex Boots that I've only worn a couple of times and have been meaning to put up for sale. Size 43. Retail is $350. Make me an offer. :)
So close.. 44 would be a fit- Real nice boot however!

I don't care for the taller style boots so I purchased an Alpinestar waterproof Ridge. It does a good job of keeping the water out and is comfy on cold days.

Do you have any issues with "Over the Top" water leakage?
No, they fit tight around my upper ankles. Haven't been in any frog stranglers but regular rain isn't a problem. :)

Do you have any issues with "Over the Top" water leakage?
No, they fit tight around my upper ankles. Haven't been in any frog stranglers but regular rain isn't a problem. :)
Yo! Listen up you Gen II jackass.... My edumicated guess is that he doesn't quite ride like you either. ;)

I'm just breaking in a pair of Danner Striker II GTX. This is a short combat boot, gore-tex, lace up, zipper on the inside and waterproof. They are available in EE widths (required for me). I can walk all day in them with ease.

I found this pair on eBay for $140.

https://www.danner.com/strikertm-ii-gtxr-uniform-boots.html

After my seven-year-old pair of Alpinestar's got too worn to wear anymore, I found it almost impossible to find a boot wide enough to fit my 11.5(46) EE feet at anything close to a reasonable price. I found nothing at the local dealers, and then ordered and returned three different pairs of 'wide' boots from NewEnough which weren't wide enough to be comfortable.

I wound up also going with lace-up boots, and have been very happy with them. They're Red Wing 971's -- water-proof, steel-toe, comfortable for walking, etc. I'd prefer non-lace motorcycle boots, but in my experience it's very difficult to find really wide sizes at reasonable prices nowadays.

Uh, I was wearing my lace up gore-tex Cabelas boots! Regularly priced @ ~$150 or so, but if you watch they are in the "bargain cave" for half that.

And while I don't claim to be no 101stpathfinder, he did let me hang with him sometimes..........

After my seven-year-old pair of Alpinestar's got too worn to wear anymore, I found it almost impossible to find a boot wide enough to fit my 11.5(46) EE feet at anything close to a reasonable price. I found nothing at the local dealers, and then ordered and returned three different pairs of 'wide' boots from NewEnough which weren't wide enough to be comfortable.

I wound up also going with lace-up boots, and have been very happy with them. They're Red Wing 971's -- water-proof, steel-toe, comfortable for walking, etc. I'd prefer non-lace motorcycle boots, but in my experience it's very difficult to find really wide sizes at reasonable prices nowadays.
I may need to correct my description for clarity, The Danner's have laces AND zippers. I laced them once to adjust and zipper in and out of them.

Okay, here's another suggestion.

Xelement Leather Boots

I've had these for a couple of months... haven't been able to test them in rain as of yet but have been very happy with fit and comfort. The dual straps in the back of the boot allow for a custom fit for different sized ankles. Price point is very friendly as well. :)