Borrego Springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to talk Mr. Wes Vstrom to trade that thing in for an FJR and join us.
NOOOOOOO!!!!! We'll never find our way home! All rides need one VStrom for the safety of all concerned.

Keith and Wes, hope to see you folks again...

Neil

Count me in! :yahoo: (I've been working hard for this kitchen pass.) Looking forward to this ride but leave me out of the pinky dance. ;)

Count me in as it'll be warm, plus 1 friend (on a Ninja 12R, but we won't hold that against him).

Sorry to hear you can't make it Dan. One day...........!

Count me in as it'll be warm, plus 1 friend (on a Ninja 12R, but we won't hold that against him).

Yeah I'm bummed to but its ok I'm sure there will be plenty of rides coming up. I did get in almost 800 miles this weekend on a ride to Phoenix. I sure need to get a better seat if I'm going to ride that far again. After about 150 miles without stopping the backside does get sore.

Yeah I'm bummed to but its ok I'm sure there will be plenty of rides coming up. I did get in almost 800 miles this weekend on a ride to Phoenix. I sure need to get a better seat if I'm going to ride that far again. After about 150 miles without stopping the backside does get sore.

We will see you at the next one though!!!!! :clapping:

Count me in too. Gotta represent the FBK.

Okay, the calendar is clear, my other commitment falls on the following Saturday so I am a definite now instead of a maybe. Looking forward to meeting and having some fun.
Alright now this is turning in to a ride, come on people lets make this one big.

:yahoo:
Looking forward to it! I'm the wuss that bugged out at Warner on the last ride. I was not prepped for the mountains, and I guess it was OK that I missed the cold and rain... but I know you all a great time anyway! On the flip side, for the 06-21 ride, count on a morning low of 50-60 in Julian and an afternoon high of +100 deg in Borrego.

[SIZE=8pt]"I started out with nothing & still have most of it left" [/SIZE]

Hi all. This will be my first group ride in SoCAL since moving from Santa Rosa last year.

I just sold the '03 FJR recently and am now straddling the '07 black cherry. I will be riding 2 up and looking forward to meeting new faces and new places. Kind of has a ring to it. :yahoo:

Hi all. This will be my first group ride in SoCAL since moving from Santa Rosa last year.
I just sold the '03 FJR recently and am now straddling the '07 black cherry. I will be riding 2 up and looking forward to meeting new faces and new places. Kind of has a ring to it. :yahoo:

Look forward to meeting you Mr pegscraper. :D

Please put me down as 2 up. MsNASCAR will be taking pictures from the back seat.

Look forward to meeting you Mr & Mrs pegscraper. :D

Please put me down as 2 up. MsNASCAR will be taking pictures from the back seat.
Will do. Ms Nascar eh. :yahoo:

[SIZE=18pt] Date Change[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt] Lets see if we can make this ride bigger and better.[/SIZE]

Ok gang I am planning another ride for 6-21-08 for Borrego Springs, as we know the weather can now be unpredictable. Meeting place the same, the route will be 15 south to Highland valley rd. to to the 67 East, to the 78 East, to 3rd st. Ramona, to old Julian hwy. to the the 78 East to Wynola rd. to Banner grade to Yauquai pass to Borrego Springs, lunch at Carlees in Borrego Springs, out Montezuma short stop at the s2 outlook. out to the 79 back out, split up from there...

Route none negotiable,[SIZE=18pt] great route. Unless it is just way to hot!!!! :rolleyes: [/SIZE] :yahoo:

I will upgrade post as we go.

This will probably be a warm ride so lets prepare accordingly...

Meeting place

8:30 am yes early, remember warm weather....

Leave by 9:00 am sharp.

Starbucks Escondido

Carlee's

660 Palm Canyon dr.

Borrego Springs, ca 92004

(760) 767-3262

Carlee's for lunch

FJRBluesman :yahoo:

Neil San Diego :yahoo:

rayban possible two up :yahoo:

Mikerider :yahoo:

FJstar :yahoo:

KB1190 :yahoo:

Low Level FJR Pilot :yahoo:

johnny80s :yahoo:

McRide :yahoo:

pegscraper Two up :yahoo:

Slappy ???

Fairlaner???
Forcast over 100F in Borrego Springs. Are you still palnning this route? :dribble:

It's only 100 if we stop. Carlees will be air conditioned I am sure and then we will be rolling from there so I am in still. Fill the Camelback and carry some more fluid in the Givi, more ice if needed before departing Borrego.

[SIZE=18pt] Date Change[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt] Lets see if we can make this ride bigger and better.[/SIZE]

Ok gang I am planning another ride for 6-21-08 for Borrego Springs, as we know the weather can now be unpredictable. Meeting place the same, the route will be 15 south to Highland valley rd. to to the 67 East, to the 78 East, to 3rd st. Ramona, to old Julian hwy. to the the 78 East to Wynola rd. to Banner grade to Yauquai pass to Borrego Springs, lunch at Carlees in Borrego Springs, out Montezuma short stop at the s2 outlook. out to the 79 back out, split up from there...

Route none negotiable,[SIZE=18pt] great route. Unless it is just way to hot!!!! :rolleyes: [/SIZE] :yahoo:

I will upgrade post as we go.

This will probably be a warm ride so lets prepare accordingly...

Meeting place

8:30 am yes early, remember warm weather....

Leave by 9:00 am sharp.

Starbucks Escondido

Carlee's

660 Palm Canyon dr.

Borrego Springs, ca 92004

(760) 767-3262

Carlee's for lunch

FJRBluesman :yahoo:

Neil San Diego :yahoo:

rayban possible two up :yahoo:

Mikerider :yahoo:

FJstar :yahoo:

KB1190 :yahoo:

Low Level FJR Pilot :yahoo:

johnny80s :yahoo:

McRide :yahoo:

pegscraper Two up :yahoo:

Slappy ???

Fairlaner???
Forcast over 100F in Borrego Springs. Are you still palnning this route? :dribble:

We will see how it goes, I love the route but some people like my self will have pillions, my better half is saying different route.