Bought an 05 ABS today. Wow!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great ride! Power, handling, and fun. Why did I wait this long to buy one? All of you know this,but I'm happy to discover it. I sure hope I can hang on to my driver's license.
Pass all cops in first gear. as you get even with them get the revs up to about 5 grand. chop the throttle and them whack it wide open. you'll pull a power wheelie just as you pass him and, in doing so, hide your plate from his beadie little eyes.

How long does this grin on my face last?
for as long as you own it. (US FJR #75 here... or was that 175 or 275... eh, it was way back there.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an Blue 05 as well. Wish we didn't live so far away. Hey Warp, years ago I lived up in Sheboygan, not too far north of you. Great little town. I became severely addicted to Bratwurst, or Brotts as they called 'em. Used to get mine butterflied (split in half) on a Sheboygan hard roll. Talk about cholesterol. Doggone heart attack on a bun. But then, we all gotta go some time, right?

Gary

darksider #44
Haahaa Good ol Shevegas.... LOL

I make it up that way quite often.... Lots of good heart attack swamiches round dees partz !!!

I'm on the north side of Grafton.... Love it here... Business in Mequon... Gotta work hard to keep the body in shape with the general diets around here...

Warpdrv,

The Cookie name goes back to college in the very early 70s. The origin of the name remains secret to protect the guilty.

The deal on my 05 was fantastic. Most of the ones I looked at were in the $6500 to $7200 range. I got this one for $5900 with ABS and the factory top case. The bike is in excellent shape and was well cared for by the PO. The PR2s have around 2500 miles on them and look great. I was very lucky to get this one. I passed on a few last year and was the first of six people to respond to this ad. Nothing like dumb luck and good timing.

This is a great bike. I've had it for a week and have not touched my other bikes, other than to make room in the garage. I think I need to get out and ride today.

Thanks for that sir... Fair price and helps me figure out what my / our bikes are worth...

I just can't seem to find anything that will make me relieve my FJR's duty - bought it new and nothing can come close to compete.

Plus the women love the thrill of the back seat of this rocket, comfy fast when you need it, no obnoxious harley rumble, and best of all - pretty much ZERO maintenance !!

Enjoy that sexy beast my friend