Bridgestone B21 tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megawatt man

Reaction score
I have a 08 FJR 4400 miles front tire had 1 in wide hump in center of tire. Took bike to dealer said he had never seen one wear like this ,called

yamaha they said problem was low tire pressure his reply to them, was not this time ,they gave me a id # for reference. I searched the forum and found there is a problem with these tires,thanks to a gentleman named Dave on this forum gave info on Desert Valley Powersports and dealt with Glen. So I called Glen he is one nice and helpful person he made some phone calls called me back said it was the weekend and he would try again Monday and get back with me. I thought he might be able to help my service man save time and trouble Glen said he would

be glad to help said Bridgestone has a problem with these tires.By the way I live Eatonton,Ga and Glen is in Washington,St how is that for

service for someone he does't even know thank Glen and this forum.

Craig

Welcome...

This is a very common problem with the front 021's.

It has been talked about in the Never Ending, Recurring Pointless Threads forum.

Here is the review when the first came out

Clicky

Here is one of many threads talking about the problems with these tires.

Clicky

BTW, The easy way to find anything on this forum is to type this into Google: site:www.fjrforum.com followed by what your searching for. Good chance it's been discussed at length.

The Front 021 sucks moist ass cheese. The rear 021 I actually like, if combined with the appropriate front (like a RoadSmart).

Guru Glenn is a great guy to deal with, even from the other side of the country.

Welcome...
This is a very common problem with the front 021's.

It has been talked about in the Never Ending, Recurring Pointless Threads forum.

Here is the review when the first came out

Clicky

Here is one of many threads talking about the problems with these tires.

Clicky

BTW, The easy way to find anything on this forum is to type this into Google: site:www.fjrforum.com followed by what your searching for. Good chance it's been discussed at length.

I have a 08 FJR 4400 miles front tire had 1 in wide hump in center of tire. Took bike to dealer said he had never seen one wear like this ,calledyamaha they said problem was low tire pressure his reply to them, was not this time ,they gave me a id # for reference. I searched the forum and found there is a problem with these tires,thanks to a gentleman named Dave on this forum gave info on Desert Valley Powersports and dealt with Glen. So I called Glen he is one nice and helpful person he made some phone calls called me back said it was the weekend and he would try again Monday and get back with me. I thought he might be able to help my service man save time and trouble Glen said he would

be glad to help said Bridgestone has a problem with these tires.By the way I live Eatonton,Ga and Glen is in Washington,St how is that for

Craig

Well, I'm glad to contribute to such a great place with great people. Glenn and Desert Valley really are that good. I'm on my second set (first covered under warranty) My second front is starting to do the same, but this time it's at 4000 miles and isn't as bad yet. Probably won't bug Glenn unless he thinks Bridgestone will pitch in to help with my PR2. :)

Glad to help as many have done for me.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the exact same problem as all of you...front was toast at 5,000 miles..rear is toast at 8,000. Bought my bike on July 31st. Told dealer I thought the tire was defective and should be replaced at no charge...he wouldn't go for it. As soon as Spring comes, I'm on to a new dealer and a new brand of tire!

I have a 08 FJR 4400 miles front tire had 1 in wide hump in center of tire. Took bike to dealer said he had never seen one wear like this ,calledyamaha they said problem was low tire pressure his reply to them, was not this time ,they gave me a id # for reference. I searched the forum and found there is a problem with these tires,thanks to a gentleman named Dave on this forum gave info on Desert Valley Powersports and dealt with Glen. So I called Glen he is one nice and helpful person he made some phone calls called me back said it was the weekend and he would try again Monday and get back with me. I thought he might be able to help my service man save time and trouble Glen said he would

Craig
Thanks for all replies and info hope my dealer will go the extra mile I'll soon find out if not I to will move on. This the second $14000.00 bike I have bought in the last 5 yrs from yamaha and I hope they take that into account.

Thanks again.