Bridgestone BT023GT Impression

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked around for the T30 tire also but was told by several of the online vendors and by the local shops I visit that the T30 is not available in the US yet. Actually both shops had never even heard to the T30 as a replacement for the BT023-GT.
Yep, they are not released on this side of the pond yet...just the S20. Certainly not the first time that a local shop did not know what was going on in the industry.
I looked around for the T30 tire also but was told by several of the online vendors and by the local shops I visit that the T30 is not available in the US yet. Actually both shops had never even heard to the T30 as a replacement for the BT023-GT.
Yep, they are not released on this side of the pond yet...just the S20. Certainly not the first time that a local shop did not know what was going on in the industry.
Won't be the last time either I'm sure.

Well, leaving tommorrow on my POS tires for a trip to Utah and Colorado.
Wish me luck!
biggrin.png
Good luck you lucky dog! Have a safe trip and enjoy the sights. Solo or is your wife sharing the fun with you?

Wish me luck!
biggrin.png
Good luck you lucky dog! Have a safe trip and enjoy the sights. Solo or is your wife sharing the fun with you?
Yeah, wifey is meeting me out on the front range...taking the flying bus to some relatives. I get out there Saturday evening.

Itinerary...

NATIONAL PARKS VISITED

• ROCKY MOUNTAIN NP,

• ARCHES NP,

• CANYONLANDS NP,

• BRYCE CANYON NP,

• ZION NP,

• GRAND CANYON NP,

• MESA VERDE NP,

• BLACK CANYON NP

SCENIC/ “FUN” ROADS RIDDEN

• TRAIL RIDGE ROAD

• US 40 @ BERTHOUD PASS

• I-70 @ GLEN CANYON

• CO-141 @ DELORES RIVER

• UT-95

• UT-12

• US 89 ALT

• US 550

• CO-92

• CO-82

two week trip...

All on the POS tires mentioned above...

...again, hope the tires do well and offset erroneous operator inputs.

biggrin.png

Wish me luck!
biggrin.png
Yeah, wifey is meeting me out on the front range...taking the flying bus to some relatives. I get out there Saturday evening.

Itinerary...

NATIONAL PARKS VISITED

• ROCKY MOUNTAIN NP,

• ARCHES NP,

• CANYONLANDS NP,

• BRYCE CANYON NP,

• ZION NP,

• GRAND CANYON NP,

• MESA VERDE NP,

• BLACK CANYON NP

SCENIC/ “FUN” ROADS RIDDEN

• TRAIL RIDGE ROAD

• US 40 @ BERTHOUD PASS

• I-70 @ GLEN CANYON

• CO-141 @ DELORES RIVER

• UT-95

• UT-12

• US 89 ALT

• US 550

• CO-92

• CO-82

two week trip...

All on the POS tires mentioned above...

...again, hope the tires do well and offset erroneous operator inputs.

biggrin.png
Sounds like a lot of good riding! I am not concerned with the erroneous inputs, but the total mileage may be close. Easy on the brakes and gas if you can. Have fun and ride smart.

These are not Arkansas roads...however, I typically get 7k on PR2s riding solo...8k if I stretch it (read SE Ohio Ramble).

This trip will be 4300 miles and I have 800 miles on the tires (my total since mid May...it's been a busy at work summer)...so it will be close...but I think with conservative sightseeing pace, I should do okay.

I will pretend I ride a Harley and shift early and do 55mph in the left lane...brapping the throttle at stoplights...and stopping at bars every 17 miles, just because.

Your 023GT's should make that no problem. I rode a set pretty hard on these chip-sealed roads out here and got 6800 miles out of the. Back goes before the front.

I must be braking too hard, because my front is at the wear bar, but back looks fairly decent at 7,500 miles ( BT-23's non-GT).

These are not Arkansas roads...however, I typically get 7k on PR2s riding solo...8k if I stretch it (read SE Ohio Ramble).
This trip will be 4300 miles and I have 800 miles on the tires (my total since mid May...it's been a busy at work summer)...so it will be close...but I think with conservative sightseeing pace, I should do okay.

I will pretend I ride a Harley and shift early and do 55mph in the left lane...brapping the throttle at stoplights...and stopping at bars every 17 miles, just because.
Don't forget to crank on the throttle under every bridge as well to make sure the loud pipes are still working.
winksmiley02.gif

End of life report (the tires that is):

95% solo riding, 90% highway commuting, 170 lbs. body weight. my preferred pressures are 38/39 front, 40/41 rear.

Replaced the rear at about 13,500 miles, right at the wear bars. Cut the tire and measured the rubber left in the center to the steel cords; about .07 in. so probably could have got another thousand or so out of it to the cords. Replaced with BT030GT.

Front still going strong; light cupping but still feels good, probably still another 3K left in it. That should be about late July and just in time for the new 030GT to go on for my week of tearing up the roads in the White mountains using my N. Conway timeshare as 'base camp'.

Overall a fine tire which I would have run again if not for the 030 superseding it.

End of life report (the tires that is):
95% solo riding, 90% highway commuting, 170 lbs. body weight. my preferred pressures are 38/39 front, 40/41 rear.

Replaced the rear at about 13,500 miles, right at the wear bars. Cut the tire and measured the rubber left in the center to the steel cords; about .07 in. so probably could have got another thousand or so out of it to the cords. Replaced with BT030GT.

Front still going strong; light cupping but still feels good, probably still another 3K left in it. That should be about late July and just in time for the new 030GT to go on for my week of tearing up the roads in the White mountains using my N. Conway timeshare as 'base camp'.

Overall a fine tire which I would have run again if not for the 030 superseding it.
Swapped out the front with about 16,000 miles on it and STILL not to the wear bars. Moderate cupping had worn the tread each side of center more but it still rode smooth and gave neutral handling. If not for going up north next week, I'd probably have run it another 1000 miles or so local commuting. If the T30's go anywhere near as long for me..... winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Last edited by a moderator: