Broke my Mirror off in the Garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh, if you bought mirrors for $18 for both sides, those will be aftermarket (Chinese knockoffs). You will be sorry you didn't read better. Get the OEM FZ1 mirrors.
  • 5LV-26290-00-00
  • 5LV-26280-00-00
The knockoffs will look fine, but will vibrate and will not stay in place. This has been discussed countless times on the forum with the same results.
I went with the Cheap version for a few of reasons.

They are the FJR ones and not the FZ1 ones that I originally had considered.

1. I am cheap

2. It gave me both sides in case of a future incident

3. The cheap ones were good enough for Pants, and it they are good enough for him, they are for me.

4. Did I say I was cheap??

5. FJR ones because my Garage space is so tight. I know they fold, but that always gives me the feeling they are going to break off when folding

Tom, I hope I do not regret buying them, but for only 18 bucks I thought it MIGHT be worth the gamble. Time will tell. The mirror that was undamaged looked just fine and quality seemed not much off the OEM ones on my bike. Time will tell. I do appreciate the advice and feedback.

The stalks on the ones I received seemed very stiff. Vibration will have to be evaluated later. Maybe the OEM bushing will be able to be re-used. More later

I actually bought a used OEM mirror after my crash. I bid $5.00 plus shipping and won the bid.

So like Cav, I'm definitely cheap.

Definitely.

Josh, if you bought mirrors for $18 for both sides, those will be aftermarket (Chinese knockoffs). You will be sorry you didn't read better. Get the OEM FZ1 mirrors.
  • 5LV-26290-00-00
  • 5LV-26280-00-00
The knockoffs will look fine, but will vibrate and will not stay in place. This has been discussed countless times on the forum with the same results.

1. I am cheap

3. The cheap ones were good enough for Pants, and it they are good enough for him, they are for me.

5. FJR ones because my Garage space is so tight. I know they fold, but that always gives me the feeling they are going to break off when folding

Tom, I hope I do not regret buying them, but for only 18 bucks I thought it MIGHT be worth the gamble. Time will tell. The mirror that was undamaged looked just fine and quality seemed not much off the OEM ones on my bike. Time will tell. I do appreciate the advice and feedback.

The stalks on the ones I received seemed very stiff. Vibration will have to be evaluated later. Maybe the OEM bushing will be able to be re-used. More later
Well you win on cheap. If we knew you wanted Gen I OEM mirrors, you should have just said so. I have had a pair sitting in the FZ1 boxes for the last four years since I replaced them. But now I know they're worth $20! Wow!

• 5LV-26290-00-00
  • 5LV-26280-00-00

1. I am cheap

Well you win on cheap. If we knew you wanted Gen I OEM mirrors, you should have just said so. I have had a pair sitting in the FZ1 boxes for the last four years since I replaced them. But now I know they're worth $20! Wow!
You are right, I should have clarified, a couple of PMs and texts convinced me to try that company and go cheap. If these from the Chinese place do not work out, I might ask to buy your cast offs.

• 5LV-26290-00-00
  • 5LV-26280-00-00

1. I am cheap

So, you were so right, the chinese mirrors that I got were cheap. The one that I did install did not angle out far enough to not give me a great view of anything but my right elbow!! So I took your original advice and bought OEM FZ1 mirrors off of eBay. Got them quick and it was a good deal. Holy crap they are wide. Ride test will have to come tomorrow. You all were right about the Chinese stuff---it doesn't belong on our Japanese beauties.