brydenscot hand guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rangers4094

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting the n/line dash for my 09 feejr and noticed that the makers of the dash also make hand guards (as opposed to the vstrom hand gaurds).

They look as though they stick out from the dash whereas the vstrom guards attach directly to the handlebars.

So im just wondering if anyone has tried the brydenscot ones, and if so, do they work?

I just added an N-line dash, and while i can't give you any feedback on their hand guards, I can say the the V-Strom hand guards do work, more or less, with the N-Line dash. You lose about 1/2" of travel on the range of your steering, or in other words the hand guards contact the dash about 1/2" before you would hit the stops for the steering. The N-Line handguards weren't really an option for me, since I have wiring running through the areas they are set.

Good luck.

I guess you're talking about the handguards shown here at the bottom of the page. (By the way, helps if you post a link to the thing you're asking about.)

I don't have these, so it's not a direct answer to your question, but if they prevent the bars from going through their full swing, how would you lock your forks? Or is Trigger's comment only about VStrom guards in combination with the NLine shelf? Sorry, a little confused.

From the picture, they do look like they'd do a good job blocking wind and rain--better than the VStrom guards (which I have) do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not tried the N-line guards, but just put the v strom guards on and they do hit the shelf supports before the stops. So I guess I won't be able to lock the bars when parked.

Go with the V-Strom kit. The N-Line units do not block any air at all. They, more or less, divert air.

And yes, I've had them since Park City (long time).

My thinking was that with the V-Strom guards being closer to your hands, they would do a much better job of protecting them not only form wind, but even more so rain.

I had the N-Line hand guards installed on my '04 for last summer's IB5K.

On the way to Denver they were removed, permanently.

They interfere with the clutch and brake on full turns. With the clutch pushed in, you don't move. SO then you need to readjust your three point turn to an eight pointer.

Turning the other way and the brake gets involved. You get the idea.

Not a serious option if you have ever had to experience a full turn in tight quarters, at slow speed.