Building up for eventual IB run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timalan

Reaction score
Wife and I and all our camping gear at the end of a 4500 miles trip through Oklahoma, Texas, New mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Kansas and Back to Oklahoma. We Motel stayed once on the third day and once Thursday night. Gunnison Colorado: we left at 7:30 in the morning. GPS said route was 853 miles.... I pointed at the Gps where it said miles and when we would arrive home. The wife nodded yes. So 19 hours later, we pulled in the driveway In Claremore Oklahoma. We rode exactly one mile of I25 in Colorado and the rest was small two lane roads with city slowdowns etc. After about hour 14 or so stuff got easy like a ZEN moment or something. Someday I will pull off a real run... verified and everything. Wife won't do it again I am sure.... But I was very proud of her. She kept rubbing my back towards the end.... I even finished the Run in some Highspeed sweepers in the Osage Hills on Highway 11. Felt good.

Trip Pictures are going here. (warning over 700 pictures) https://rides.webshots.com/album/564160435VsMSpw?vhost=rides

They are not all up because of the upload times. Then I'll go back and delete.

Looks like a great trip.

You rode through my hood...I live S of Las Cruces, NM.

The church in pic#66 in Mescalero is one of my favorite buildings. You should see it at sunset. Facing west it lights up and glows so beautiful in the evening sunset.

The hill left of the road in pic#68 is where I got married...at the top, under the cross. I coaxed my preacher and his wife to climb it with Becky and family

members on a rain-cooled August morning in 99'. The overnight rain and clouds broke to a beautifully sunny morning...with the Sacramento mountains

and White Sands national monument as backdrops we have the most awesome wedding pics!

Looks like a great trip.
You rode through my hood...I live S of Las Cruces, NM.

The church in pic#66 in Mescalero is one of my favorite buildings. You should see it at sunset. Facing west it lights up and glows so beautiful in the evening sunset.

The hill left of the road in pic#68 is where I got married...at the top, under the cross. I coaxed my preacher and his wife to climb it with Becky and family

members on a rain-cooled August morning in 99'. The overnight rain and clouds broke to a beautifully sunny morning...with the Sacramento mountains

and White Sands national monument as backdrops we have the most awesome wedding pics!
Absolutely Cool!