BullCBX is an official crash club member

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is crazy how fast it can happen sometimes. And while you are going down, there is almost a disbeleif, like this is not happen, I can pull it off.... Then you hit the pavement!

Glad you aren't permanently injurred, although every time you put a glove on and look on that hand, it will serve as a reminder, that we all can use sometimes just to remember how much danger is involved in this thing we love so much called motorcycling.

What kind of gloves were you using? and btw, hows the shock working out?
Steve,

The shock was a great addition. I would have never thought it could have made such a difference. Unfortunately, the insurance company it going to total the bike. I am waiting for them to quote a price for the buy back. If we cannot come to an agreement, then I'll be pulling it and several other things off before turning it over to them. The gloves were Cortech (Tourmasters) HDX.

George

Hey Toe- thanks for the inquiry. As of today I am still under doctors orders to limit my activity (including riding). I would have never thought this would have been such an ordeal. I had thought several times I should have snapped some pictures along the way, but I have not. The original injury was 4/24 and I did not have the last surgery (skin graft) until just a couple of weeks ago. Along the way I had (2) other surgeries (one to remove the original skin flap that did not survive, and another to have a temporary synthetic graft). I even had a wound VAC for 4 weeks helping the injury site recover before the final graft. Overall I’d say the hand is about 75%. My knuckles are still very swollen and limit the amount I can move my fingers to make a fist. Doctor says by next weekend (holiday weekend) I can begin doing things around the house (mainly getting hot and sweaty). I sent Gary McCoy an email Friday with the parts list I need to get things back to ridable condition. I hope to call him tomorrow and get the order placed. My hope is to get the bike back together, get some saddle time and be ready for EOM this fall. The next thing is to start shopping to replace my gear (helmet, jacket and gloves). The Bull might be down, but not out yet.

Thanks

BullCBX

Hey Toe- thanks for the inquiry. As of today I am still under doctors orders to limit my activity (including riding). I would have never thought this would have been such an ordeal. I had thought several times I should have snapped some pictures along the way, but I have not. The original injury was 4/24 and I did not have the last surgery (skin graft) until just a couple of weeks ago. Along the way I had (2) other surgeries (one to remove the original skin flap that did not survive, and another to have a temporary synthetic graft). I even had a wound VAC for 4 weeks helping the injury site recover before the final graft. Overall I’d say the hand is about 75%. My knuckles are still very swollen and limit the amount I can move my fingers to make a fist. Doctor says by next weekend (holiday weekend) I can begin doing things around the house (mainly getting hot and sweaty). I sent Gary McCoy an email Friday with the parts list I need to get things back to ridable condition. I hope to call him tomorrow and get the order placed. My hope is to get the bike back together, get some saddle time and be ready for EOM this fall. The next thing is to start shopping to replace my gear (helmet, jacket and gloves). The Bull might be down, but not out yet.
Thanks

BullCBX
Good to hear you are (slowly) bouncing back. Skin grafts look like they hurt A LOT, but at least the doctor said you can get hot and sweaty using your right hand instead of your left now!!!

Seriously, I hope you're able to get your gloves back on soon and grip the throttle. keep your spirits up.

I didn't know about your crash but I appreciate the update. Anything we can do let us know.

Thanks

BullCBX
Bull, sorry to here about your accident, but thankful that you are on the road to recovery. I was considering short summer gloves, but may stick with my long gantlets.

Bull,

As someone who's had the skin fileted off two finger joints - I sincerely wish you a speedy rehab. It will take some time before you are able to comfortably make a fist. As that skin heals, it will tighten up - and it will tighten back up initially after each rehab session. Best of luck!

Bull, Glad to hear your on the road to recovery. Keep your spirits up, you'll be back in the saddle soon.