Bungee Anchors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel_Gin

Reaction score
Last year I saw a thread that showed some anchors to hook your bungee cords when putting stuff on the seat. In the post I saw a picture of something that was attached to the frame under the seat and the anchors stuck out from under the seat on both sides to hook the bungee to. I have done a couple searches using the big G and the one provided on this site and haven’t found it. Does anyone remember the post or know what I’m talking about?

I’m looking for a different option than using the bar that is there and scratch up the paint.

Thanks!!

I've got a pair of nylon strap loops anchored to the front rack bolts. Straps are long enough that they extend a couple inches outside of the seat for Rok strap attachment. Easy to make, cheap and pretty functional.

--G

Those Bungee Buddies are the thing you're thinking of, I know, but listen to the advice about Rok Straps. They're so much more secure and more versatile than bungees, and easier to use too (the FJR has some good frame sections to loop the end of the straps around down by the passenger pegs, and nothing to scratch paint with).

But it was an eye surgeon who warned me off of bungees for a different reason. He said you wouldn't believe how common gruesome eye injuries from bungee hooks snapping back on you are. Think about that for a minute. Ew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bungie anchors?? Well that gives answer to Steve's propensity for riding in circles.....
bleh.gif

I've got a pair of nylon strap loops anchored to the front rack bolts. Straps are long enough that they extend a couple inches outside of the seat for Rok strap attachment. Easy to make, cheap and pretty functional.
--G
The nylon strap loops sound like a good idea, I'll see if I can find some. Thanks for the idea.

Deang... pretty sure that Walmart sells the nylon strap loops.

I have ordered nylon straps from https://www.strapworks.com/default.asp. They are very reasonably priced and you can use a great variety of fastener/anchor configurations to choose from. Or, you can order the materials (strap and fastener hardware) and make you own. In the end you have custom straps to fit your need.
Or you could just get a couple sets of Rok Straps, and be done with it

--G
The nylon strap loops sound like a good idea, I'll see if I can find some. Thanks for the idea.
Any outdoor store plus the big box retailers will have strapping material. All you need is a foot or so to make up a couple pair. I picked up a basic strap kit at REI to make them up.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to work with a guy that lost an eye to a bungee hook, and another that got it with a tie wrap drawing back a bow at wallymart....maybe our mothers were right...

I do have bungee buddies on my FJR. Two on the top bolts of the license plate and two drilled through the saddle bags in the handle area. Works great when I’m on the road and want to run to the store to pick something up. I keep a helmet net just for that purpose.

https://www.sjbmw.com/parts.asp?s=store&bid=14&mid=&src=&p=1&pid=228

https://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12643517&mr:trackingCode=ECCBDD94-6112-E211-BA78-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:filter=24486676791&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=30774699831&mr:match=&mr:keyword=&{copy:iq_id}=&{copy:camp}=