Busa and a FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was curious if it is true that the handling on the busa is a lot worse than the FJR? I would think the 2 bikes would handle more similar to each other than different from each other.
I've always thought that a busa or a blackbird would be a fun 2nd bike, but the more I think about the more I like the idea of something like gsxr 750 or an r6.

NO it is NOT true at all that the FJR handles better or even as well as the Busa. In fact its not even close, my brother owns an 07 FJR that he bought new and I own an 03 Busa which I bought new. The FJR handles well but not even close to the Busa. My brother has commented several times how much better my Busa handles over his FJR. We have ridden each others bikes several times and the difference in handling is very noticable. His FJR is very comfortable but it is no sportbike when it comes to handling.
Which is as it should be considering the busa is a sportbike.

Thats my point, the FJR does not handle as well as a Busa but it is not intended to. The FJR is a touring bike not a sportbike. I was just setting the record straight when it comes to the handling of the 2 bikes.
Completely off topic, but it's an exceptionally odd coincidence that my neighbor whom owns an '03 Busa is named "Coop" (as in Cooper) as well. Hmmm....

I was curious if it is true that the handling on the busa is a lot worse than the FJR? I would think the 2 bikes would handle more similar to each other than different from each other.
I've always thought that a busa or a blackbird would be a fun 2nd bike, but the more I think about the more I like the idea of something like gsxr 750 or an r6.

NO it is NOT true at all that the FJR handles better or even as well as the Busa. In fact its not even close, my brother owns an 07 FJR that he bought new and I own an 03 Busa which I bought new. The FJR handles well but not even close to the Busa. My brother has commented several times how much better my Busa handles over his FJR. We have ridden each others bikes several times and the difference in handling is very noticable. His FJR is very comfortable but it is no sportbike when it comes to handling.

Thats my point, the FJR does not handle as well as a Busa but it is not intended to. The FJR is a touring bike not a sportbike. I was just setting the record straight when it comes to the handling of the 2 bikes.
Completely off topic, but it's an exceptionally odd coincidence that my neighbor whom owns an '03 Busa is named "Coop" (as in Cooper) as well. Hmmm....

My last name is Cooper also. He doesn't own an 03 anniversary edition Busa(color copper see my website) does he?

'busa a sportbike? Not technically. It's really a GT bike, like the Honda Blackbird and the ZX-14. Sportbike refers to near-race ready machines like the R1, the R6, the GSXR Suzukis, the CBRs from Honda. The Ducati 1098. Those are sportbikes.

Ultra-light weight, racing ergos, fucking mind-boggling performance, that's a sportbike. The Hayabusa has too much weight for that designation. But it stands to reason it'll handle a bit better than the FJR due to a serious weight advantage and some pretty good suspenders. The braking problem was addressed with the '08 model. God, I want one! Ain't nothing goes harder. Not even the ZX-14.

But no way am I getting rid of the FJR. I'll just wait for my son to buy a 'busa. Then I can ride one when I need a major HP injection. Sure, the FJR is a little slower handling than the CBR929RR I sold to buy the FJR, but I'd still not go back to a full sportbike. And we took the 929 on a 600-mile day ride, two-up. I don't know how she managed to stay on that perch all day.

Not having a Hilton-sized trust fund is really putting a bind on my lifestyle. <_<

If there were no FJR, I'd be on the Hayabusa. Some risers, pipes, PCIII, soft luggage, and an auto-oiler, and I'd be ready. :yahoo:

Sock Monkey I am Coops brother. While you're on the subject, we have cousins out your way.Is his late fathers name ken, originaly from NY ? If so that would be wild. I have'nt seen them in 30 years. If so I would like to talk to him.

Just curious. Am I the only one that owns a FJR and a Hayabusa?

If you could only have one of them, which one? why?
Hayabusa. Hands down. Acceleration, handling, adrenline rush every time I throw a leg over it.

Bought the FJR for my GF and I. Would much prefer the Busa but it's setup for one person only. This is an older picture as I changed several things. (again :rolleyes: )

hh

103_0342.jpg

As I peruse at this moment, this thread is immediately beneath Warchild's new Busa purchase. Now above, with my post. So if having both is OK by him, then who's to argue?

Weird. The things that amuse the mind when you're really really sleepy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious. Am I the only one that owns a FJR and a Hayabusa?

If you could only have one of them, which one? why?
The FJR. Primarily because it is more flexible, it can do a lot of things the Busa can't. Weather protection. Orthopedic comfort. Ability to carry stuff. Things like that.

That having been said.... just like the Blackbird, the Busa is going to clean house over the FJR when it comes to any raw performance category.