Cabot Trail?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GS Scott

Reaction score
A ride from Boston up to Nova Scotia and then on to the Cabot Trail has been on my bucket list a while now, and it may come to fruition in September. Has anyone been that way recently with any recommendations for reasonably priced accommodations or dining? All the feedback I've got says the locals are very friendly, so I am super excited. Not sure if we'll take the ferry over to Yarmouth or drive all the way around. Either way, it's a lot of miles and smiles!

Take the ferry in one direction and ride up the Nova Scotia coast. Do the Cabot Trail. Then consider taking the ferry from Pictou NS to Prince Edward Island and the Confederation Bridge back to New Brunswick. Cross into Maine at Calais. Coastal Maine has some nice spots as well, and September puts you past the worst of the tourist scourge. Nice riding opportunities in northern NH and VT as well - I assume you are familiar with these regions?

Can't really recommend places to stay in NS... I assume that you are hotelling rather than camping.

Thanks Ross, I am fairly familiar with NH and VT, ME not as much - that's a lot for a day ride, but love Rangley, Moosehead Lake and Bar Harbor for sure. You have some very interesting suggestions, I'll have to check them out!! And yes, hotels - my riding buddy isn't a camper type.

Last edited: