CaFO Exploratory Thread:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt]CANCELLED[/SIZE]

Dates: Friday through Sunday, October 26 - 28, and any portion thereof (can do one or two nights).

Location: San Luis Obispo, California. I checked, and there are a lot of cheap motels for you cheapskates.

Itinerary (Preliminary):

Friday Evening: Arrivals for some. Dinner, drinks, group hug.

Saturday Morning: Breakfast. Group ride for Friday and early Saturday arrivals. Back to SLO for lunch.

Saturday Afternoon: Afternoon ride for Saturday late-morning arrivers.

Saturday Evening: Dinner, drinks, group hug (no balloon condom contests or the whole deal's off <_< ).

Sunday Morning: Breakfast; groups heading to different compass points define their day's ride home.

Sunday Evening: Post pics to the FJR Forum, because if you didn't take a picture it didn't happen. :no:

Current List of Apparent Attendees:

• James ("Mad Dog") Burleigh,
    Concord
  • OrangeVale,
    Orangevale
  • TWN,
    Santa Barbara
  • tcfjr,
    Temple City
  • RayBan,
    San Diego
  • DocDanDC,
    Norco
  • MidLifeFJR,
    Rocklin
  • Fairlaner,
    Torrance
  • DCarver,
    The Magical
    City
    Town

Village

Ghost Town

Nightmare

Shantytown of Creston (if he's a good geek)

• Hycle,
    Dixon (if his sister-in-law.... oh never mind)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I dunno if I can make it. Those of us down here south of "Northern Mexico" might not be able to make it up through customs to make it (snicker snicker).

May I make a suggestion as to the location? I have done a couple meets in Paso Robles. 1- It's about halfway between NoCal and SoCal. 2- They have Powerhouse motorsports just in case someone needs a bike shop. 3- They have good BBQ and steakhouses. 4- There are also alot of great roads to check out. Just throwing it out there to think about.

Could you call it CaFO? I get confused easily. :huh:
OK, as you can see from the time stamp I was up kind of early this morning, but was thing always called CaFO, or did you take my suggestion and there is nothing to note it. Just wondering if I am loosing my mind at a faster rate than I previously suspected.

ADMIN NOTE: Not losing your mind. It was edited so we wouldn't risk confusion with the fine folks doing the Central regional event.

May I make a suggestion as to the location? I have done a couple meets in Paso Robles.
2247302-plus1.gif

Or SLO, with it's easy access to Hwy 1!!!

Creston works, or anywhere previously suggested, just make sure it's close enough for the president of the Candy Butt association.

Farmer's Almanac's call for 2008 winter:

Winter be will about two degrees above normal, on average, with the coldest periods in mid-December, mid-January, and late February. Rainfall and mountain snowfall will be above normal in the north and near normal in the south. The stormiest periods will be in late January, early February, and early and mid-March.

Why don't we just have it at Don's house. He won't mind and he as a big bbq :lol:

I am indeed interested. Sherri can't get time off work and doesn't like riding that far in a weekend. So...well...probably solo.

I'm in. No Doubt about it. I always thought this was called the "Gathering of the Clans". Also thought that we were going to ride and camp around Lake Isabella at Fairview campgounds next to McNally's Steakhouse and bar. What do I know?

After the short ride to Hollywood and back, I realized that I was overestimating my recovery rate. That put me down for several days. Saw the doc yesterday and it looks as though I'll be off work for much longer than I expected.

I'm taking the MSF Rider coach classes in October/November and then my folks are coming to visit so....... best time for me looks like December or later. Of course, by that then it might be time for CaFO II.

I'm counting the days until I'm ready for a decent length ride.

Jill

I always thought this was called the "Gathering of the Clans". Also thought that we were going to ride and camp around Lake Isabella at Fairview campgounds next to McNally's Steakhouse and bar. What do I know?
Make it so!

Anybody can plan anything they want, anytime they want, anywhere they want . There's no exclusivity here. Just don't call it uh, nevermind....

I'm in. Paso and SLO have easy access to PCH, SR-58, Carmel Valley Road, Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd, SR-25, SR-229, Santa Rosa Creek Rd, and all the other great Central Coast motorcycling roads. Santa Barbara has TWN, Tepusquet, Jalama Beach, Santa Rosa Road, SR-33. Fantastic riding all around, and there should be great weather that time of the year.

I always thought this was called the "Gathering of the Clans". Also thought that we were going to ride and camp around Lake Isabella at Fairview campgounds next to McNally's Steakhouse and bar. What do I know?
Make it so!
Nah, that's Highlander's gig. For history sake, I say that stays different unless High chucks it to someone else. I think Cali can afford 3 - 4 rides a year... South Coast, Central Coast, Northern Coast and Eastern Sierra region/Death Valley.