Calling new 06 owners what's your MPG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
06 3 weeks old with 2886 miles.

Average about 47 to 48

Low 44 with no freeway and twisting the throttle during break in period.

High 57 240 miles 4.2 gallons at 70 to 75 with some stop and go in Chicago.

I am amazed at the mileage this thing gets compared to my other bikes.

Well I guess its ok to post in your own topic.

Now that I have the bike with over 1700 on it I find I am getting 42-44 mpg on mostly back road driving.

I agree, the reserve light comes on way earlier than it needs to (70 +/- miles to go). Cut the reserve in half. I think I can find gas in the next 30 or so miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if they have a fix yet for the "instant mpg" only reading "17" for the'06?
My AE does not have the 17mpg problem, do other AE owners have it?? the average calculation equal more or less my manual calculation. The instaneous values change as the position of gear and throttle does. lower gear more throttle less avg. 5th gear average cruise speed the value closely matches the average mpg. I have 700 miles in 10 days and I am averaging 42-50 mpg depending on driving conditions.

Does anyone know if they have a fix yet for the "instant mpg" only reading "17" for the'06?
My AE does not have the 17mpg problem, do other AE owners have it?? the average calculation equal more or less my manual calculation. The instaneous values change as the position of gear and throttle does. lower gear more throttle less avg. 5th gear average cruise speed the value closely matches the average mpg. I have 700 miles in 10 days and I am averaging 42-50 mpg depending on driving conditions.

No problems with the instant readout on my AE. Just finished my first tank and averaged 45mpg. If the instant readout is to be trusted, I was getting 55mpg @60mph and 49mpg @70mph :D