CalSci windscreen source

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colorider

Reaction score
After a year+ of FJR ownership, I've pretty well decided it's time for an aftermarket windscreen and the CalSci is my top choice. Been looking on line and the forum, but all I have found is the actual manufacturer's link as a source. Are they also sold through on-line part and accessory stores?

TIA

After a year+ of FJR ownership, I've pretty well decided it's time for an aftermarket windscreen and the CalSci is my top choice. Been looking on line and the forum, but all I have found is the actual manufacturer's link as a source. Are they also sold through on-line part and accessory stores?
TIA

Mark, the Cal Sci owner is the most helpful person I,ve ever dealt with. Contact him regarding your height and he,ll hook you up with what you need i,m very happy with my shield and the customer service Mark provided good luck

Mark, the Cal Sci owner is the most helpful person I,ve ever dealt with. Contact him regarding your height and he,ll hook you up with what you need i,m very happy with my shield and the customer service Mark provided good luck
Thanks for the recommendation!!!!

Count me in as a satisfied customer.

They have a measurement calculation I used, then I ordered a specific size and was 1" off when I actually mounted it. They took it back and recut it, no charge.

Cool website, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay - called and talked to Mark. I was right in the middle of needing a medium or a large, but he recommended the large due to where I live. Hopefully it will work out and I will not have to return it for the medium.

Thanks all for the input!

Let me know when you get it as I would like to take a look as that is the direction I was going also.

I'm in Loveland and need something better for riding thru Wyo. in the wind.

I'm 5'11" and have got the medium and love it. Started with the large and found I was looking through it too much. Never needed to raise it. With the med I can have air in my face or have a cone of silence.

Let me know when you get it as I would like to take a look as that is the direction I was going also.I'm in Loveland and need something better for riding thru Wyo. in the wind.
I should have it Tuesday of next week. I'll probably mount it that same day or the next. You are more than welcome to come by and take a look at it before you buy. As for riding thru WY in the wind - not sure if anything would help short of riding in the cage!!! :unsure:

Let me know when you get it as I would like to take a look as that is the direction I was going also.I'm in Loveland and need something better for riding thru Wyo. in the wind.
I should have it Tuesday of next week. I'll probably mount it that same day or the next. You are more than welcome to come by and take a look at it before you buy. As for riding thru WY in the wind - not sure if anything would help short of riding in the cage!!! :unsure:
very knowledgeable, but bring up a competitor and he FREAKS OUT! Curse words, etc. Not a classy guy imo

very knowledgeable, but bring up a competitor and he FREAKS OUT! Curse words, etc. Not a classy guy imo
Not sure why you quoted my post, but assume you are referring to CalSci........... :unsure:

mines a Gen I medium

talked with Mark and went with his recommendation for where I live

I love the thing after trying stock & tall Yammy.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Count me in as a satisfied customer. They have a measurement calculation I used, then I ordered a specific size and was 1" off when I actually mounted it. They took it back and recut it, no charge.

Cool website, too.
Hey Marty

All that you needed to do was get a set of 2" deads for your seat instead of the 1". Or maybe no beads at all. :p Just kidding.

I have an XL for cold wheather and it is great.

Much like other Calsci owners I am quite happy with my Medium. Being 5'11"I too had initially ordered a large on Marks recommendations, but like the option of some wind on my helmet. The large blocked out all the wind on the lowest setting and was uncomfortable in the summer. The medium deflects a large portion of the wind in the lowest position and can be raised up to shield a major portion of any wind or weather. I still have the benefit of the wind to keep me cool and the option of blocking out all or most of the elements. I guess it all depends on what you like. And your size. All in All a great product for the cost.

The bike handled the 35mph cross wind I was in with no problem it was the wind catching my right shoulder

that was very tiring for 60-70 miles until it went to tailwind :yahoo:

The FJR is probably the most stable bike I have ridden in the wind!! (even SLIGHTLY over the speed limit)

Not sure why you quoted my post, but assume you are referring to CalSci........... :unsure:
sometimes we make mistakes

My new windscreen arrived today and I installed it this evening. Looks very good and fits perfect. Too soon to tell how the size is going to work. I'll try to get a ride in in the next couple days to see how it works out.

If you still want to see it, PM me for contact info and we can set something up. I live in the NE part of Loveland near Silver Lake.