CalSci windscreen source

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much like other Calsci owners I am quite happy with my Medium. Being 5'11"I too had initially ordered a large on Marks recommendations, but like the option of some wind on my helmet. The large blocked out all the wind on the lowest setting and was uncomfortable in the summer. The medium deflects a large portion of the wind in the lowest position and can be raised up to shield a major portion of any wind or weather. I still have the benefit of the wind to keep me cool and the option of blocking out all or most of the elements. I guess it all depends on what you like. And your size. All in All a great product for the cost.
I just returned from a 2400 mile trip with my large CalSci (as recommended by Mark). It was okay when I left for the trip and the temp was 34 degrees, but by the time I got down into TX and warmer weather, it was just too much screen. I ran with it all the way down and still could not get enough air to my head and upper body. I too should have ordered a medium.

After I got home, I cut it down 1.5" and I think it will work out MUCH better. I'll try to get out in the next few days and report back.

I'll add my thumbs up to CalSci windscreen. 6'4" from Central Arkansas and Mark suggested between a medium and large..I went with the large.

Test rode today and all the way down is plenty air. All the way up and maybe a bit too high as i can just see over the top in my MYRP.

Mark was EXCELLENT to work with, took his time to understand where I ride, conditions in which I ride and my height. Called him up today to thank him for the WONDERFUL customer service and fast shipment!!

Thanks to all on the forum for your guidance :clapping: