Camera Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRski_2007

Reaction score
I’m looking to get a camera mount for 2007 FJR. Which do you recommend? It would be nice if it went over the windshield, so the pictures come out clear. What do you recommend?

How would you feel about a camera mount that doubles as a mirror spacer? It's just an idea...

You could mount your camera out front, on what should be a rigid mounting position, and have the added benefit of an improved view of your six.

How would you feel about a camera mount that doubles as a mirror spacer? It's just an idea...You could mount your camera out front, on what should be a rigid mounting position, and have the added benefit of an improved view of your six.
I am game

I did a mount on a slider. You just have to be carefull of how low you take a corner. I started to grind my mount. But it made for some cool shots!

The way I'd do it would be to make the mount out of 1/8th-inch aluminum under the left mirror base. Make sure to use some vibration damping foam.

Bob

It's just an idea...
I am game
To follow the progress on that project: Click

The Plan:

1.) Figure out a spacer that will work

2.) Integrate an auxiliary light mount

3.) Integrate a camera mount

I started to grind my mount. But it made for some cool shots!
Gotta link? I'd like to see those!

I just want to add that I am talking about mounting a digital camera.
My understanding is that camera mounts are universal. Every tripod uses the same concept, a 1/4-20 screw that draws the camera down onto a plate. I'm not a professional photographer, so I could be wrong. Someone want to verify or debunk that claim?

I like the triple tree mount, but I was thinking of using the unused mirror hole on the left handle bar. Has anyone else done this? I cant seem to find any ball type mount that will work with the unused hole. RAM seems to want to use a clamp on type ball mount. Any ideas on the mirror hole?

TurnItUp