• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Can Anyone Help Me Locate A New 2007 FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Shirt Racer

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,
I'm new to the board and still looking for an FJR. I got a list of dealers from the Yamaha website and called all of the dealers in my area to see if they had a left over new 2007 non-electric shift on the floor. I like the Black Cherry and really don't want a black bike so 2007 seems to be my best choice.
One of the dealers did a search on their computer system and said that they didn't see any left in the US but also said that she could only see bikes that had been floor-planned.
Another dealer said that he did find a New 2007 FJR1300a at another dealer but the best deal that he could make was 15,000 :blink: I explained that it was now 2 years old and I could get an '09 cheaper than that. He said that he wasn't allowed to negotiate at all when getting a bike from another dealer, and of course He would not tell me who it was so that I could negotiate with them myself.

So I'm wondering if any of the folks on here that work at a dealership could help me find one if there are any left. Thank You in Advance, John

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a Yamaha dealer in Taos NM that had one on the floor a couple months ago. At the time they wanted 12.5 out the door. Donno if they still have it, but you can try. I just searched their site and didn't see it. There is R&S Yamaha in Albuquerque and Deming Cycle Center in Deming NM. You might also try Rio Yamaha in Las Cruces Rio Yamaha.

Easy Living Yamaha in Rome, GA has a brand new 2007AE discounted to $12K. I saw it Saturday while they were installing my new ignition switch.

Last time I was there, they had a new '07 on the floor. I think it was marked $13,099, but surely they would take less!

Icon Power Sports

3260 Morrow Rd

Birmingham, AL 35235

Phone: (205) 661-1998

I know you asked for new, but when I was up in MN last week there was a clean used 2007 on the floor.

Dealer Link

It had some handlebar risers and that seemed like the only mods.

My local stealer has one on the floor and 4 more in boxes...

Bit of a commute for you tho

;)

Thank you guys! I really don't want the AE model and a lot of you guys are from out west in New Mexico and surrounding areas which will cost quite a bit in shipping but it's good to have that info in your back pocket.

2coldtocare said "Last time I was there, they (Icon) had a new '07 on the floor. I think it was marked $13,099, but surely they would take less!" So I've called them and they do have 1 left and they're getting back to me with a price.

Please let me call dibs on this one because if a couple of people start calling I'm sure that none of us will get a good deal. That's only about 7 hours away and I could go pick it up!

Canada would be a little bit more difficult but thanks for the heads up Barb. :rolleyes:

Thank you for those who have already helped and if anybody else knows of any keep them coming maybe I'll be able to get one and help somebody else get one too!

Thank you guys! I really don't want the AE model and a lot of you guys are from out west in New Mexico and surrounding areas which will cost quite a bit in shipping but it's good to have that info in your back pocket.
2coldtocare said "Last time I was there, they (Icon) had a new '07 on the floor. I think it was marked $13,099, but surely they would take less!" So I've called them and they do have 1 left and they're getting back to me with a price.

Please let me call dibs on this one because if a couple of people start calling I'm sure that none of us will get a good deal. That's only about 7 hours away and I could go pick it up!

Canada would be a little bit more difficult but thanks for the heads up Barb. :rolleyes:

Thank you for those who have already helped and if anybody else knows of any keep them coming maybe I'll be able to get one and help somebody else get one too!
Good luck on the bike! Hope you get it. Let us know!!

Meridian Yamaha in Meridian Miss. had one as of a couple of months ago. I believe they still have it. You can find contact information at meridianyamaha.com.

Mark

Hey T-shirt... I wouldn't worry too much about folks honing in on your dealings. You are looking for a "technically" 2 year old bike. Not much call for folks looking for a brand new 2 yr old bike.

Good luck, man.

[SIZE=12pt]Well it looks like I'm going to join the ranks of the FJR owners Saturday! :yahoo: I've places the deposit and I'm driving down Saturday to Alabama to pick it up.

I really appreciate the help that you guys have already been with this and a special thanks to 2coldtocare for helping me find what I wanted, you guys are great!

I recieved a PM the other day from a friend and customer that's a member on here (PeteJeepsterNC) and I didn't even know it, so I've already found a friend to ride with and hope to meet many more.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go read about 47 pages of this forum to find out how to set up the suspension (until I can afford to replace it), which bolts to lock-tite so I don't have parts falling off as I'm driving down the road and other such cool information that you guys have so kindly accumulated. :derisive: John[/SIZE]

That's great news dude! :clapping: Congrats on the FJR. You'll love every minute of it. I have since I bought my 07 last month...

Congrats T-shirt. Welcome to the fold, Heidi

Hah, its probably the same 07 they had last year. they quoted the same price to me many months ago. I passed and found one for $11K... They were piced way to high on their sport bikes too. I hope you got a better price. :)

Last time I was there, they had a new '07 on the floor. I think it was marked $13,099, but surely they would take less!
Icon Power Sports

3260 Morrow Rd

Birmingham, AL 35235

Phone: (205) 661-1998

[SIZE=12pt]Well it looks like I'm going to join the ranks of the FJR owners Saturday! :yahoo: I've places the deposit and I'm driving down Saturday to Alabama to pick it up.[/SIZE]
I really appreciate the help that you guys have already been with this and a special thanks to 2coldtocare for helping me find what I wanted, you guys are great!

I recieved a PM the other day from a friend and customer that's a member on here (PeteJeepsterNC) and I didn't even know it, so I've already found a friend to ride with and hope to meet many more.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go read about 47 pages of this forum to find out how to set up the suspension (until I can afford to replace it), which bolts to lock-tite so I don't have parts falling off as I'm driving down the road and other such cool information that you guys have so kindly accumulated. :derisive: John
That's outstanding! Before you leave the house, go ahead and order the G2 throttle tube. Best thing I've done to the bike in terms of driveability. If you are driving it home, pick up a cramp buster while you are in the store!

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

https://g2ergo.com/shop/catalog/G2-Tamer-Th...Yamaha-223.html

Hah, its probably the same 07 they had last year. they quoted the same price to me many months ago. I passed and found one for $11K... They were piced way to high on their sport bikes too. I hope you got a better price. :)
I called them and asked for the sales manager to eliminate some of the hassle. I told him that I heard about them on the FJRforum and needed to see what he could let one go for. He came back with a quote of $11,250 out the door (which he said was cost). He said that he bought 2 of them a couple of months ago from the Yamaha warehouse because they had a couple left over left. He had already sold one. I'm sure that he got a special deal from Yamaha if they had these left over, which means he wasn't really selling them at cost, but I don't really care. I really appreciated the fact that he didn't insult my intelligence like my local dealer who started at $15,500 and wanted to tell me what a deal he was giving me at $14,900 :angry: This guy was low key and very professional and I really appreciated that.

I didn't even haggle with him because I thought the price was more than fair and they have to make a living just like I do. I've been looking for a low mile 2007 for several weeks now and most of them are going for around 10,500 (although I'm sure that there are a few exceptions where someone got a better deal), but for an additional $750 dollars I got a new one, so I'm happy. Very Happy actually! I really appreciate the help and warm welcome that you guys have shown to me as a newbie.

Hello Everybody,I'm new to the board and still looking for an FJR. I got a list of dealers from the Yamaha website and called all of the dealers in my area to see if they had a left over new 2007 non-electric shift on the floor. I like the Black Cherry and really don't want a black bike so 2007 seems to be my best choice.

One of the dealers did a search on their computer system and said that they didn't see any left in the US but also said that she could only see bikes that had been floor-planned.

Another dealer said that he did find a New 2007 FJR1300a at another dealer but the best deal that he could make was 15,000 :blink: I explained that it was now 2 years old and I could get an '09 cheaper than that. He said that he wasn't allowed to negotiate at all when getting a bike from another dealer, and of course He would not tell me who it was so that I could negotiate with them myself.

So I'm wondering if any of the folks on here that work at a dealership could help me find one if there are any left. Thank You in Advance, John
The last time I was in Team Charlotte Motorsports in Charlotte (not far from you in Hickory) they had two black cherry 07s for $11700. I looked just now and saw this. You better jump on it I suppose.

002532 07 Yamaha FJR1300 Red $13,799 $11,699 (not red but easier to spell than black cherry I guess)