Can you identify aftermarket windshield?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaduc70

Reaction score
I bought a used '05 FJR. It has an aftermarket windshield that is 22" high and 24" wide. There are no markings on it.

Does anyone know who made it!

Yamaduc

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of windshield makers out there. Does it have a tringular opening near the base? Calsci and Cee Bailey both make a windshield in the size you mention.

We need a picture to help you, the info you gave is like trying to figure what kind of motorcycle with 2 wheels and a handlebar and a seat :huh:

I bought a used '05 FJR. It has an aftermarket windshield that is 22" high and 24" wide. There are no markings on it.

Does anyone know who made it!

Yamaduc
I saw one just like this one at one of our rides, the brand name escapes me... :unsure:

R U Serious....

You're lucky it's not Friday, but it seems like it from your post. Now you're getting a little forum lesson on how we can help you. Don't go all thin skin (TS new blog acronym) on us... Mr. No picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've learned that I should have a cup of coffee before posting!

Restating the question, Does 24" seem wide for a windshield, the stock is 17?

My sitting height is @40". Is there a point where windshied height begins to affect performance and/or stability?

Yamaduc

I have a Cee Bailey's that is 24 wide and 20" top to bottom in the center. Seems right to me for a winter shield. I use the Yamaha Touring shield in summer.

I've learned that I should have a cup of coffee before posting!

Restating the question, Does 24" seem wide for a windshield, the stock is 17?

My sitting height is @40". Is there a point where windshied height begins to affect performance and/or stability?

Yamaduc
Ok Yamaduc, I'm going to try and help since I think you may have or like ducs, not the fowl type.
What does width have to do with height? Is 24" too wide and your seating height is 40inches? Do you mean from the seat to the top of your head or helmet 40 inches high? How close to the tank do you sit? Is the seat stock or lower? All are factors.

I have a V-Stream it's 24" at the top it narrows a bit then flares out to about 25", works great!

Does it affect handling, not in my opinion except extreme winds; however, it does affect your mileage by a couple MPG.

Hope this helps. Good luck.