Canada source for tires (shipping from US or Canada)?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty late to this party, but...

I like to keep a set on the rack in the stable so I buy a set or 2 each year at a Sale at GW each April. Walt Healy also has an annual spring sale. Pete's is my fallback.

I've also had tires shipped to a UPS store across the border and went and got them.
+1 On this suggestion.

I am starting to do this more and more myself for a whole range of items. Its about an hour to the border from my place. If I need to order anything from the US that I think might be a problem shipping to Canada I will have it shipped to a UPS store across the border. Reasons for this include the company not shipping to Canada or the company only ships UPS.

And its not just UPS stores. Poke around in your area, if there is a large enough population base there is probably some shipping company on the US side of the border that has set themselves up to allow stuff to be shipped to their place for pickup.

And if you've really got your sh$$ togethere you can pay attention to the next time you might be going across the border for more than a couple days and order the item a week or two ahead so its there waiting for you. Then you can use your exemption when you bring it back and (likely) not pay any tax\duty.

- Colin

Last edited by a moderator: